Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Amber Mac
Occupation: Social media author/speaker/broadcaster
Hometown: Charlottetown, PEI
Residence: Toronto, ON
Bio: Amber Mac is a technology host, journalist, and strategist. She writes a column for Fast Company, The Globe & Mail, American Express Open Forum, among other outlets. She also works as a national television host with CTV. In June 2010, Amber launched her ﬁrst book about how to use social media to build your brand. Power Friending was published by Portfolio/Penguin in New York (Globe & Mail Best Seller.).
Amber currently manages a new media company called MGImedia. Her clients include world- renowned speaker Tony Robbins, American Dental Association, Discovery Channel, Microsoft, Canada Goose, She has been speaking professionally for more than ﬁve years, presenting to audiences ranging from 30 to 3000 people locally and internationally
How often do you fly? In 2011, I took about 60 flights.
How many countries have you been to? About 25
How many continents have you been to? 5
Favorite American city? Delray Beach, Florida
Favorite international city? Tokyo, Japan
Least favorite country? I haven’t been there yet!
Favorite airline? Air Canada
Favorite aircraft type? Embraer 190
Aisle or window? Aisle
Favorite airport lounge? Toronto Pearson International Air Canada Lounge
Favorite U.S. airport? Detroit, Michigan
Favorite international airport? Sydney, Australia
Favorite hotel? The Biltmore, Santa Barbara
Favorite cruise line? Don’t like cruises
Favorite island? Barbados
Favorite fancy restaurant? Mama’s Fish House, Maui (well, not too
fancy, but I love it!)
Five things you bring on a plane? iPad, noise-cancelling headphones, snacks, water, blanket
What do you always seem to forget? All of the above
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Starbucks
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Flying to Australia for a quick 48-hour trip
What’s your dream destination? Beach + Wi-Fi anywhere
Best travel tip: Pack light.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.