Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Andrew Evans
Occupation: Writer, National Geographic Traveler Magazine; “Digital Nomad” for National Geographic
Hometown: Findlay, Ohio
Residence: Washington, DC
Bio: Born in Texas, raised in the Midwest, infected with chronic wanderlust by the World Atlas. Educated on the internet, but also attended schools in France, Utah & England. Enjoys fine cheeses, beautiful mountains, open seas and glaciers. Swim, hike, climb, scuba dive, and eat. Allergic to cats and sharks.
How often do you fly? At least once a week.
How many countries have you been to? I don’t typically count countries, but I try to visit at least one new country every year. I can say that I have been to more than a hundred.
How many continents have you been to? All of them, which means seven.
Favorite American city? Washington, DC, where I live!
Favorite international city? Paris, no question.
Least favorite country? Uganda
Favorite airline? United (Star Alliance)
Favorite aircraft type? I am developing a serious crush on the A380, but I like biplanes, too.
Aisle or window? Window—I like to watch the world below.
Favorite airport lounge? King David Lounge, El Al, JFK
Favorite U.S. airport? Charlotte, NC
Favorite international airport? Amsterdam Schipol (AMS)
Favorite hotel? Conrad Rangali in the Maldives
Favorite cruise line? Holland America
Favorite island? Tristan Da Cunha! (Where I am right now)
Favorite fancy restaurant? CityZen, (Mandarin Oriental) Washington, DC
Favorite hole in the wall? Alfredo’s in the Marigny, New Orleans, LA
Favorite travel movie(s): Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure
Favorite travel show(s): Johnny Jet!
Favorite travel book(s): “Passage to India” E.M. Forster & any of the Baedeker guides from before 1912.
Five things you bring on a plane? iPod.
What do you always seem to forget? Shaving cream. Always. I now own a lot of bottles printed in foreign languages.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Jibigo (for languages), my compass and iMedJet
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Spending the night alone in a haunted house.
What’s your dream destination? Madagascar
Favorite travel website(s): Travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel
Best travel tip: Just say yes.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.