Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Andrew Hickey
Occupation: Social Media Manager for G Adventures
Hometown: New York City
Residence: New Jersey
Short Bio: New York born and raised. Guinness fueled travel blogger. Now getting paid to work in the world of social media. Loving life.
How often do you fly: At least once a month. Mostly between NYC and Toronto to work at G Adventures Base Camp.
How many countries have you been to: About 20. Have plans to visit a lot more in the next year.
How many continents have you been to: Four with plans already to visit two more in the next 12 months.
Favorite American city: New York City!
Favorite international city: Krakow
Least favorite country: Don’t have one.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Grand Canyon. First one I visited. However headed to the Great Wall this October. So maybe a new one by the end of the year.
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific. Loved their business class!
Favorite aircraft type: A380 was pretty insane.
Aisle or window: Used to be a window nut. Now prefer aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: The Wing at HKG Airport.
Favorite U.S. airport: San Francisco.
Favorite international airport: Zurich
Favorite hotel: Library Hotel in NYC.
Favorite cruise line: Don’t have one.
Favorite island: Long Island
Favorite fancy restaurant: Al di La in Park Slope, Brooklyn.
Favorite hole in the wall: Rudy’s Bar & Grill NYC.
Favorite fruit: Strawberry
Favorite food: Burger and pizza tied.
Least favorite food: Olives
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Guinness
Favorite travel movie(s): Airplane
Favorite travel show(s): No Reservations
Favorite travel book(s): Into the Wild
Right now I am reading: With a 2-year-old? Ha! No reading.
Five things you bring on a plane: ipad, iphone, mac, charger for ipad/iphone and charger for mac.
What do you always seem to forget: A pen.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? A model airplane. Yes, I am a nerd.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Kayak, XE, Google maps.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Ran to a plane I was late for and showed up to the wrong gate. Had to run back to other side of airport. Just made it on plane with about a minute to go.
What’s your dream destination: Cape Town, South Africa.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: BBC Travel, NY Times Travel, legalnomads.com and uncorneredmarket.com.
Best travel tip: Travel now. Do not keep putting it off. You will always find reasons you cannot travel. Just get out there and explore this beautiful planet!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.