Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Anna Lysakowska
Occupation: Travel Blogger
Hometown: Warsaw, Poland
College: Leiden University, Harvard University, Oxford Brookes University, N. Copernicus University
College major: Latin American public policies, Journalism, Int. Law, History
Facebook: Anna Everywhere
Pinterest: Everywhere Anna
Short bio: Anna Lysakowska, originally from Poland, has visited over 70 countries around the globe and lived in 7, including cities such as London, New York, Boston, San Diego, Mexico City, Cape Town, Amsterdam, and Florence. During her journey around the world Anna received degrees in Journalism, Latin American Studies, Fashion Marketing, and International Law from top universities including Harvard while working also working as a marketing & PR manager for various international companies. Apart from being a blogger Anna is an aerial acrobat and ballet dancer.
How often do you fly? I think this question should be how long do I stay away from flying. Every other week, but I often have a few flights a week!
How many countries have you been to? 69
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Vienna. My father used to go there for business a lot, so I remember driving there from Poland as a kid quite often. I think Moartkugels was my first foreign candy!
Favorite American city: Miami.
Favorite international city: Cape Town.
Least favorite country: Vietnam.
I have no desire to go to: Hmm… I have no desire to visit every country in the world, but if I have an opportunity to go to some countries that aren’t on the top of my list of places to go I would use it.
Friendliest people in the world: Mexicans and South Africans.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: I have terrible luck when traveling and I almost always get a special security check, so it’s a tough one to answer for me.
Favorite airline: Kenya Airways?
Favorite aircraft type: Not a Dreamliner!
Aisle or window: Window on long-haul, aisle on short flights.
Favorite airport lounge: I only got my Gold Status now, so will pick my favorite lounge soon ;)
Favorite U.S. airport: Atlanta.
Favorite international airport: Singapore Chiangi Airport.
Favorite hotel: Hmm… Resort World Sentosa in Singapore.
Favorite cruise line: Never been on a cruise…yet!
Favorite travel credit card: Being a nomad didn’t allow me to choose many credit cards unfortunately.
Favorite beach: Fiji beaches.
Favorite fancy restaurant: I don’t remember the name of this restaurant but it was in Honolulu and served a salmon with edamame and artichoke puree, alone with a fluffy bread with strawberry butter.
Favorite bar: Altitute Bar in Singapore.
Favorite fruit: Taro.
Favorite food: Chilaquiles.
Least favorite food: Vietnamese.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Pinacolada.
5 things you bring on a plane: Socks, sweater, lotion, laptop and headphones.
What do you always seem to forget? Umbrella.
What do you like least about travel? Long lines at airports.
Favorite travel app(s): Uber.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Too many to list here.
Worst travel moment: Being stranded in Johannesburg due to a volcano eruption with no money, no credit card and no cellphone.
What’s your dream destination? Antarctica.
Best travel tip: Never stop your journey for anyone!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.