Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Ashley Colburn
Occupation: TV Producer / Host / Travel Expert
Hometown: Fallbrook, California
Residence: San Diego, California
Facebook: Ashley Colburn Productions
Pinterest: On my To-Do List
Bio: Ashley began her career as a host, producer, and writer for Wealth TV in 2009. She produced her first travel show” WOW Croatia!” which was awarded Croatia’s Golden Pen award (Best U.S. media) and won an Emmy in 2010. Following her success with the Croatia show, Ashley created “TAKEOFF with Ashley Colburn” a travel series that premiered in 2010 on WealthTV and took her to over 25 countries on 6 continents over 2 seasons.
Currently Ashley has started her own production company, Ashley Colburn Productions, with the aim of “Finding the Wonder in the World. Wonderful People. Wonderful Cultures. Wonderful History.” September through December 2011, ACP was in Croatia filming “ Wonders of Croatia” a 7 part travel series that covers the main tourist regions of the country. This television series produced and hosted by Ashley Colburn will be marketed worldwide and available to view in 2012.
How often do you fly: Typically every 3 weeks
How many countries have you been to: 30
How many continents have you been to: 6
Favorite American city: Miami
Favorite international city: Buenos Aires
Least favorite country: That’s a hard question. My least favorite city was Colombo, but the rest of Sri Lanka is stunning.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Machu Picchu and Plitvice Lakes National Park
Favorite airline: Thai Airways
Favorite aircraft type: I actually prefer helicopters!
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: Air New Zealand – LAX
Favorite U.S. airport: San Diego- its easy and simple and there is still a Starbucks!
Favorite international airport: Madrid
Favorite hotel: Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi – Chiang Mai
Favorite cruise line: Princess
Favorite island: Desroches (Seychelles Islands)
Favorite fancy restaurant: Monte in Rovinj, Croatia
Favorite hole in the wall: Nada’s Restaurant in Vrbnik, Croatia
Favorite fruit: Strawberries
Favorite food: Octopus Salad
Least favorite food: Liver
Favorite travel movie(s): The Holiday
Favorite travel show(s): TAKEOFF with Ashley Colburn (of course!), Human Planet
Favorite travel book(s): Frommers, Rick Steves
Five things you bring on a plane: ipad, neck pillow, chapstick, water bottle, fuzzy socks
What do you always seem to forget: Bug spray
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): TripIt, Skype, CurrencyExchange
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: I was bringing alms to the monks in Thailand while being filmed and I didn’t know what to do or what he was saying to me and I almost touched him because I thought he was trying to grab my hand. I finally figured out that he was telling me to kneel to give me a blessing and I was told after that the last thing that you would EVER do is touch a monk. I was humiliated.
What’s your dream destination: South Africa
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: www.ashleycolburnproductions.com
Best travel tip: Hang out with locals, even if it requires you to be the one to start the conversation!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.