Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Audrey Lo
Occupation: Head of Community
Hometown: Cupertino, CA
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College major: Business Entrepreneurship
Short bio: I am the Head of Community for Trip, the fastest growing travel review app in the world, where I helped scale its user base to 16 million users. At Trip, I lead a team of community managers spanning ten major cities around the world. I have also produced events for brands like Entrepreneur’s Organization, Porsche and TEDx.
How often do you fly? Anywhere from 1-4+ times a month.
How many countries have you been to? 43
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Hong Kong when I was three-months-old.
Favorite American city: Black Rock City for Burning Man
Favorite international city: Hong Kong.
Least favorite country: Panama.
I have no desire to go to: Don’t have one!
Friendliest people in the world: Thailand.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Iguazu National Park.
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 777.
Aisle or window: Window (absolutely).
Favorite airport lounge: Cathay Pacific.
Favorite U.S. airport: SJC.
Favorite international airport: HKG.
Favorite hotel: W Hotel.
Favorite cruise line: I don’t take cruises often enough to make a choice.
Favorite travel credit card: Capital One World.
Favorite island: Taiwan.
Favorite beach: Any beach in Cancun.
Favorite National Park: Hawaii Volcanoes.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Dulce Patria (Mexico City).
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Komasa.
Favorite bar: Quinary (HK).
Favorite fruit: Apples.
Favorite food: Japanese.
Least favorite food: Fast food.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water/tea (in the air) and wine (on the ground).
Favorite travel movie(s): Up in the Air.
Favorite travel show(s): Long Way Round.
Favorite travel book(s): “Where Chefs Eat.”
Right now I am reading: Just Time magazine now.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: The Points Guy, Time, Expert Vagabound.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Trip, WikiTravel.
5 things you bring on a plane: Water, Time magazine, headphones, phone camera, snacks.
What do you always seem to forget? I’m always on the go, so rarely anything. Maybe a converter.
What do you like least about travel? Immigration/customs and travel time to and from a destination.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Tea or wine.
Favorite travel app(s): Trip, Open Rice (in Asia).
Most embarrassing travel moment: Hm I can’t think of one!
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Yosemite, since I live so close.
Worst travel moment: Robbery attempt in Nairobi on a public bus.
What’s your dream destination? Egypt.
Favorite travel charity: Kind Traveler.
Best travel tip: For under $100 and a trip to the airport, you can get a TSA PreCheck/Global Entry card. American Express Platinum card holders can even get reimbursed for this expense.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.