Name: Bear Grylls
Occupation: Adventurer and host of adventure shows on NBC, Channel 4 and the Discovery Channel.
Hometown: Isle of Wight
Residence: On a boat on the Thames River
College: Birkbeck, University of London
College major: Hispanic Studies
Short bio: Adventurer and host of TV shows that reach over 1.2 billion viewers in over 200 countries. I am an Everest summiter, former member of 21 SAS and in 2009 I became the youngest ever Chief Scout to the Scouting Association.
How often do you fly? Too much! I seem to always be on a plane to somewhere. I try to embrace it though and treat it as calm time.
How many countries have you been to? Over 75.
How many continents have you been to? All of them luckily.
Earliest travel memory: Disney World with my family aged 6.
Favorite American city: Los Angeles.
Favorite international city: Panama City.
Least favorite country: I don’t have one.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: China.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Venice.
Favorite airline: BA.
Favorite aircraft type: A380.
Favorite airport lounge: Dubai.
Favorite U.S. airport: New Orleans.
Favorite international airport: Sydney.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Singapore.
Favorite cruise line: ?
Favorite travel credit card: BA AmEx.
Favorite island: Our own island off the coast of Wales. It is where I love to spend time with my family and remind myself of all that really matters in my life. We have no mains electricity or water and run everything totally off grid, but we love it!
Favorite beach: Porth Ceiriad, Wales.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Ivy on the Shore Santa Monica.
Favorite bar: Rumdoodle, Kathmandu.
Favorite fruit: Huckleberries (after my third son!).
Favorite food: Avocados.
Least favorite food: Brussels sprouts.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Raw coconut water with ginger!
Favorite travel movie(s): Endless Summer.
Favorite travel show(s): Man vs Wild of course!
Favorite travel book(s): The Kid who Climbed Everest.”
Right now I am reading: Corrie ten Boom: “The Hiding Place.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Scouting magazine.
5 things you bring on a plane: iPhone charger, fleece jersey as a pillow, the week magazine, patience, and a little daily readings book I read every day about faith and life.
What do you always seem to forget? Toenail clippers.
What do you like least about travel? Security queuing.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Little egg cups with the destination on them for my 3 boys.
Favorite travel app(s): BA app.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Having diarrhea on a flight once.
Worst travel moment: As above!
What’s your dream destination? To return to Antarctica with my family to White Desert.
Favorite travel charity: Global Angels—they save kids’ lives worldwide.
Best travel tip: Pack a sense of humor!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.