Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations, and what they never leave home without.
Name: Benjamin Stone
Occupation: Actor, TV Host, and Travel Blogger
Hometown: London, England
Residence: Los Angeles
College: Guildford School of Acting
College major: Acting
Facebook: Benjamin Stone
Pinterest: The Cheeky Traveler
YouTube: Benjamin Stone
Short bio: Benjamin lives and works in LA as an actor. He starred as “Alek” in the ABCfamily supernatural TV series The Nine Lives of Chloe King as well as numerous other movies and commercials. Adventure seeking and exploring the world has always been a passion of his. He would teach friends how to fly for virtually free and take their dream vacations without breaking the bank. This ultimately led to him starting his own travel blog with a focus on travel hacking. “I’ve tried to make the blog a little different by not only focussing on the nitty gritty of travel hacking but also by showing the lifestyle side, enhancing the blog with stunning photos and inspiring travel videos.”
How often do you fly? At least once ever two months.
How many countries have you been to? 32
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Spending a hot Christmas with my family in New Zealand.
Favorite American city: Austin, 100%
Favorite international city: Stockholm.
Least favorite country: Ireland, sorry!
I have no desire to go to: Nowhere.
Friendliest people in the world: Thai people.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: United States, ha.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Trang An, in the Ninh Binh Province in northern Vietnam.
Favorite airline: Norwegian Airlines.
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite hotel: Aria, Las Vegas.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Favorite island: Koh Tao.
Favorite beach: Freedom Beach, Koh Tao.
Favorite National Park: Zion National Park.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Bazaar, Los Angeles.
Favorite bar: Hula Hula Beach Bar, Hvar island, Croatia.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Thai food, but I do love a good spaghetti carbonara.
Least favorite food: Celery.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Any beer, I’m not picky!
Favorite travel movie(s): Fool’s Gold—guilty pleasure! Treasure hunting in the Caribbean, yes please!
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.
Right now I am reading: “Influence: Science and Practice” by Robert Cialdini.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Travelisfree.com, thepointsguy.com, expertvagabond.com
5 things you bring on a plane: Sennheiser headphones, laptop, a book, bottle of water, neck pillow.
What do you always seem to forget? Phone charger.
What do you like least about travel? The jetlag.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Aftershave.
Favorite travel app(s): Momondo app.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: South Africa.
Worst travel moment: Food poisoning in Vietnam.
What’s your dream destination? The Philippines.
Best travel tip: Always ask for a better price, you’d be surprised what just asking for a discount can get you.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.