Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Beth D’Addono
Occupation: Freelance food and travel writer
Hometown: Freeport, NY
Residence: New Orleans
LinkedIn: Beth D’Addono
Instagram: Beth D’Addono
Short Bio: A freelance journalist since 1990, I write about travel, food, lifestyle and interesting people with stories to tell for outlets including USAToday.com, AAA Traveler, Wells Fargo Conversations, the Boston Globe, Newsday, Philadelphia Daily News, Taste, Jewish Exponent and others.
How often do you fly: 1-2 trips per month
How many countries have you been to: 59
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: New Orleans
Favorite international city: Vientiane
Least favorite country: I haven’t been there yet
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Strangely enough I had a dust up with a Canadian officer – didn’t expect that.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Khajuraho,
Favorite airline: Singapore
Favorite aircraft type: Anything Virgin flies
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: THAI’s Royal Orchid Lounge in Bangkok
Favorite U.S. airport: PSP Palm Springs International
Favorite international airport: Singapore Changi Airport
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay
Favorite cruise line: Crystal Cruises
Favorite travel credit card: Master Card
Favorite island: Sicily
Favorite beach: Laughing Bird Caye, Belize
Favorite fancy restaurant: Restaurant August, New Orleans
Favorite hole in the wall: Liuzza’s by the Track, New Orleans
Favorite fruit: South Carolina peaches
Favorite food: Vietnamese
Least favorite food: Eggs
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Dirty martini
Favorite travel movie(s): Thelma and Louise
Favorite travel show(s): Full Circle with Michael Palin
Favorite travel book(s): The Nomad, The Diaries of Isabelle Eberhardt
Right now I am reading: Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Roadsandkingdoms.com, NY Times & LA Times Travel Sections
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Virtuosolife.com
Five things you bring on a plane: Book, reader, laptop, cozy sweater, magazines I need to catch up on
What do you always seem to forget: Pillow
What do you like least about travel? Cancelled flights
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Grey Goose vodka
Favorite travel app(s): Roadside America
Most embarrassing travel moment: Not understanding squat toilet in Paris jazz bar on my first trip to Europe
Worst travel moment: Throwing up during take off
What’s your dream destination: All of the places I haven’t been
Favorite travel charity: Clicabroad.org
Best travel tip: Embrace the possibilities, celebrate the differences, enjoy the moment
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.