Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Cailin O’Neil
Occupation: Travel, video and food blogger with an affinity for Snapchat
Hometown: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Residence: Halifax, Nova Scotia
College: Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University
College major: Film
Facebook: Travel Yourself
Pinterest: Cailin O’Neil
Google+: Cailin O’Neil
YouTube: Travel Yourself
Short bio: Cailin O’Neil is an award-winning Canadian travel, video and food blogger, and freelance writer with an addiction to Snapchat who has traveled mostly solo to over 46 countries and counting.
How often do you fly? 60ish flights a year give or take.
How many countries have you been to? 46
How many continents have you been to? 5 (North America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australasia).
Favorite American city: Chicago.
Favorite international city: Prague.
Least favorite country: Estonia.
I have no desire to go to: The Congo.
Friendliest people in the world: Jordan.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: US.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra.
Favorite airline: Air Canada.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite U.S. airport: ORD (for the Garrett Popcorn).
Favorite international airport: Changi.
Favorite hotel: Ngala Game Reserve, South Africa.
Favorite cruise line: Viking River Cruises.
Favorite travel credit card: Amex Gold.
Favorite island: Fraser Island.
Favorite beach: Lake MacQuarie.
Favorite fruit: Pineapple in Hawaii.
Favorite food: Most.
Least favorite food: Olives.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Tomato juice and Diet Coke (not mixed together lol).
Favorite travel movie(s): Home Alone.
Favorite travel show(s): Departures.
5 things you bring on a plane: Headphones, passport, phone charger, phone, eye mask/neck pillow.
What do you always seem to forget? Hair brush.
What do you like least about travel? Getting from the airport to my accommodations with my luggage.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Chocolate!
Favorite travel app(s): TripIt, LoungeBuddy, Google Maps (lol).
Most embarrassing travel moment: Getting trapped behind a locked gate at a Houdini museum in France.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Thailand.
Worst travel moment: Getting stuck between the borders of Zambia and Zimbabwe.
What’s your dream destination? The Seychelles, Bora Bora or Mauritius or somewhere with the over-the-water bungalows.
Favorite travel charity: Our Horn is Not Medicine.
Best travel tip: Trust your gut. Be smart and if something doesn’t feel right don’t do it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.