Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Full name: Captain Costas Nestoroudis
Occupation: Master, Celebrity Equinox
Hometown: Johannesburg, South Africa
Residence: Thessaloniki, Greece
College and major: ADSEN Nea Michaniona, Greece
How often do you fly? Every three months, more or less.
How many countries have you been to? 93
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: When I was six-years old, traveling from South Africa to Greece.
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Vienna, Austria.
I have no desire to go to: Jail :)
Friendliest people in the world: Thailand.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Acropolis, Greece.
Favorite airline: EMIRATES.
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus A380.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Air France, Paris (CDG).
Favorite U.S. airport: Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP).
Favorite international airport: Singapore.
Favorite hotel: The Witchery in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Favorite travel credit card: VISA.
Favorite island: Skiathos, Greece.
Favorite beach: Navagio Beach in Zakynthos, Greece.
Favorite National Park: Kruger National Park in the northeastern part of South Africa.
Favorite fancy restaurant: La Palma in Toronto.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: My local coffee shop at home.
Favorite airport restaurant: Porta Gaig in Barcelona, Spain.
Favorite bar: Any place where I’m hanging out with all of my friends.
Favorite fruit: Grapes.
Favorite food: Anything made by my grandma.
Least favorite food: The one I have to prepare myself!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Any single-malt Scotch.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Beach and Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain, Globe Trekker.
Favorite travel book(s): “Odyssey.”
Right now I am reading: The biography of Ferdinand Magellan.
5 things you bring on a plane: Reading glasses, headphones, pen, iPad and a good book.
What do you always seem to forget? I usually do not forget things.
What do you like least about travel? Jetlag.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? A Cuban cigar.
Favorite travel app(s): Via Michelin and TripAdvisor.
Most embarrassing travel moment: My daughter Sofia not wanting to wear a seat belt, causing the pilot to abort a landing…twice!!
Worst travel moment: Losing luggage.
What’s your dream destination? The Maldives.
Best travel tip: The journey is what matters, not the destination!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.