Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Carla Ferreira
Occupation: Brazilian travel blogger
Hometown: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil—yes the Marvelous City!
Residence: Saudi Arabia
Bio: My name is Carla; I’m from the Marvelous City of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I’m married, mother of two handsome twin boys :). I have been an expatriate for almost 7 years now. Currently living in Saudi, but previously in Dubai (UAE), Houston, TX (USA), and traveling around the globe every opportunity I got. I’m passionate about travel, exotic cultures, different cuisines and photography.
How often do you fly? On average, at least once a month.
How many countries have you been to? Together as a family more than 60 countries.
How many continents have you been to? 5, I gotta get to Australia and Antarctica soon.
Favorite American city: Los Angeles—say what you want, it’s a diversity paradise.
Favorite international city: Phuket, Thailand—simplicity that makes you fall in love.
Least favorite country: I can’t say I have one, all experiences are experiences…
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Saudi Arabia.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Petra, Jordan—it wows you everywhere you look.
Favorite airline: Can I pick two? I will pick two…Emirates and Singapore Airlines, opulence and consideration.
Favorite aircraft type: Not really a “technical” kind of traveler—comfy seat and nice crew, I’m in!
Aisle or window: Aisle always—sort of a tiny bladder.
Favorite airport lounge: Dubai International Airport Business class…the best!
Favorite U.S. airport: Houston, TX they’re efficient—chop-chop!
Favorite international airport: Emirates’ Terminal—Dubai International Airport. It’s all about the experience.
Favorite hotel: Banyan Tree Hotel & Resorts Ras Al Khaimah, UAE—in the middle of nowhere there is a paradise.
Favorite cruise line: Carnival Cruise Line.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express, Rewards = More Travel!
Favorite island: Praslin, Seychelles—what a beauty!
Favorite beach: Hanauma Bay—Oahu, Hawaii.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Al Mahara, Burj Al Arab Hotel, Dubai UAE—pure opulence!
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Nos ancetres les Gaulois, Restaurant in Paris—Entertaining! A must do in good company.
Favorite fruit: Banana, a boost of energy to explore more.
Favorite food: Brazilian style Beef Stroganoff—book lunch and I will convince you.
Least favorite food: Onion—I don’t like it at all!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Veuve Clicquot up there and Perrier down here—bubbly bubbly!
Favorite travel movie(s): The Beach—the Maya beach is gorgeous!
Favorite travel show(s): Hotel Impossible on Travel Channel—it’s an eye-opener!
Favorite travel book(s): Eat, Pray, Love.
Right now I am reading: Maldives—Lonely Planet Travel Book (Yupiiiii!).
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: National Geographic Magazine; No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain; Mauricio Kubrusly, a Brazilian TV journalist.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Travel Channel; Trip Advisor; Lonely Planet.
5 things you bring on a plane: Sleep mask, beloved iPad, Bose noise-cancelling headphones and lipstick.
What do you always seem to forget? Cardigans. I have plenty but always forget to pack—end up always buying one…sorry Hubby, one more for the collection.
What do you like least about travel? Lines, but I love people-watching.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Magnetics for our collection—that reminds me I need another fridge.
Favorite travel app(s): Expedia.com; Booking.com; Weather Channel; Skyscanner.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Broke a hotel bed in Paris…please don’t ask :).
Worst travel moment: I’m an optimist—it will never come.
What’s your dream destination? Maldives—but I’m on the countdown. Next? Australia :-).
Best travel tip: Taxi drivers know it all—don’t be afraid to strike a conversation.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.