Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Carmine Savarese
Occupation: Founder and CEO at Tiplr
Hometown: Naples, Italy
Residence: New York, NY
College: Universita’ di Siena
Short bio: A talented Italian-born Creative Director, Carmine has traveled to over 50 countries for a good part of his life with Tiplr vision pretty clear in his mind. Carmine lives in the New York City area, which he likes to consider the quintessential home of wanderlust. His favorite place on earth is the Mediterranean.
How often do you fly? 10 times a year.
How many countries have you been to? More than 50.
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Flying over the Andes at 2 y.o. with my parents.
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Naples.
Least favorite country: China.
Friendliest people in the world: Greeks.
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK.
Favorite international airport: Athens.
Favorite hotel: Hotel Capo La Gala, Sorrento Coast.
Favorite cruise line: Grimaldi Lines.
Favorite travel credit card: Visa.
Favorite island: Sifnos, Greece.
Favorite beach: Zipolite, Oaxaca, Mexico.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Ear Inn, NYC.
Favorite bar: Bar Veloce, East Village, NYC.
Favorite fruit: Peach.
Favorite food: Pasta.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): White wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Motorcycle Diaries.
Favorite travel book(s): ”On The Road” Kerouac.
Right now I am reading: “Secret Tibet” Fosco Maraini.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: AFAR, Matt Barrett’s Greece, The Man on Seat 61.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Tiplr.com :)
5 things you bring on a plane: 3 books, iPad, laptop.
Favorite travel app(s): Tiplr.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Vietnam.
Worst travel moment: Middle of Mongolia with an organized excursion.
What’s your dream destination? Oceania.
Best travel tip: Travel solo.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.