Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Carole Terwilliger Meyers
Occupation: Travel Writer/Blogger/Publisher
Hometown: San Francisco, California
Residence: Berkeley, California
Short Bio: Carole is the author of 17 books, including MILES OF SMILES: 101 GREAT CAR GAMES & ACTIVITIES and WEEKEND ADVENTURES IN SAN FRANCISCO & NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, and 4 blogs: Weekend Adventures Update, Travels With Carole, Web Cam Traveler, and Caught on the Web. She was also an extra in Mick Jagger’s “Visions of Paradise” music video.
How often do you fly: Approximately 5 times/year
How many countries have you been to: 39
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: London
Least favorite country: Turkey
Favorite World Heritage Site: This is a difficult one, but I’ll go with the most recent one– Chichén Itzá in Mexico
Favorite airline: Emirates
Favorite aircraft type: 777
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: Emirates in Dubai
Favorite U.S. airport: L.A.
Favorite international airport: Munich, because of having an airport brewery
Favorite hotel: Westin St. Francis, San Francisco
Favorite cruise line: The defunct American Hawaii Cruises
Favorite island: Kauai, Hawaii
Favorite fancy restaurant: The dining room at Amberley Castle in England
Favorite hole in the wall: Vik’s, Berkeley, California
Favorite fruit: A perfectly ripe peach
Favorite food: This is difficult! Maybe a hamburger?
Least favorite food: Raisins
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) Icy cold beer
Favorite travel movie(s): Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Favorite travel show(s): National Geographic
Favorite travel book(s): Moon series
Right now I am reading: Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines: Islands, Passport Newsletter, Yummy Report
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Web Cam Traveler
Five things you bring on a plane: Nose spray, neosporin, air ionizer necklace, snack, magazine
What do you always seem to forget: Enough snacks
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? English or Swiss milk chocolate
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Bird Songs
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: When I lost my daughter’s passport—it’s a very long story.
What’s your dream destination: An African safari
Favorite travel charity: Travel photographer Alison Wright’s Charity Faces of Hope
Best travel tip: Just do it
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.