Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Carolina Moore
Occupation: Travel Specialist/Travel Writer
Hometown: Santiago de Chile
Residence: Melbourne, Australia
College: Inacap University, Santiago
College major: Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management
Short bio: I am a Chilean/Australian with 12 years experience in the travel industry. I have worked for wholesalers, travel agencies, cruise companies and hotels. While I have travelled around the world and lived in different countries, I am currently settled in Melbourne and happy working with the family of MTA – Mobile Travel Agents as a travel specialist and virtuoso expert.
Because of the nature of my job, I travel frequently and undertake training to stay updated and energized so that I can offer the best available travel advice to my clients. One of my main areas is Virtuoso, as I deal with lots of clients who demand this type of product. For this reason I have good knowledge of high-end packages around the world.
I am also a travel writer and have my own blog which allows me to combine my two passions, traveling and writing.
How often do you fly? I try to go at least twice a year somewhere new.
How many countries have you been to? 19
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: At four years old to Disney World.
Favorite American city: New York
Favorite international city: Rome.
Least favorite country: None.
I have no desire to go to: Bali.
Friendliest people in the world: Jamaicans.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: USA.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Easter Island.
Favorite airline: Virgin Australia.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 777.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Emirates Business Lounge Sydney.
Favorite U.S. airport: Jackson Hartsfield, Atlanta
Favorite international airport: Auckland.
Favorite hotel: Terrace Downs in Canterbury, New Zealand.
Favorite cruise line: Royal Caribbean.
Favorite travel credit card: Visa.
Favorite island: St. Maarten.
Favorite beach: St. John’s in Antigua and Barbuda.
Favorite National Park: Torres Del Paine, Patagonia.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Asiate in Columbus Circle, NYC.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: The Tavern at Cozumel pier.
Favorite bar: Flannery’s Irish pub in Santiago.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Thai and Mexican.
Least favorite food: Anything with too much red meat.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Pinot grigio.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Thorn Birds, specially for long trips.
Favorite travel show(s): Sex and the City.
Favorite travel book(s): Anything by Isabel Allende
Right now I am reading: “Transformations: Stories of Success.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Huffington Post, Conde Nast Traveler, National Geographic.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Virtuoso.
5 things you bring on a plane: Earphones, iPad, camera, toothbrush and snacks.
What do you always seem to forget? Hair brush.
What do you like least about travel? Waiting at airports.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Perfumes.
Favorite travel app(s): Google Earth and Instagram.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Having to break the ice, literally (while cruising on the fjords in Patagonia) for a full boat-load of people waiting for me to drink some whisky. It took me more than five hits with the ice pick to get that piece of ice from a glacier so everyone could enjoy their drink.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Paris.
Worst travel moment: In La Paz, Bolivia trying to survive without oxygen in a city with that altitude was not fun; I couldn’t eat, sleep or breath.
What’s your dream destination? Venice.
Favorite travel charity: Kind Traveler.
Best travel tip: When traveling, always have some days at leisure aside from tours or other activities because you get to explore the beauty of a place by yourself and are able to discover things that are not always shown by a tourist guide. The best experiences are the ones we create ourselves.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.