Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Carrie Young
Occupation: Founder/Editor-in-chief The Carrie Source
Hometown: San Francisco
Residence: Los Angeles
Facebook: The Carrie Source
Pinterest: The Carrie Source
Google+: Carrie Young
Short bio: A connoisseur of everything luxe, Carrie Young brings her expertise and flair to every new discovery whether forecasting a trend before it hits the map—or app—or just uncovering a hidden gem next door. With an extensive background inside the worlds of hospitality and lifestyle management in New York and Los Angeles, Carrie brings forth the must-have items to all lifestyle devotees. Having traveled around the globe in search of the fabulous and beyond, Carrie’s tastemaker status enlightens all with her discriminating eye and sophisticated wit.
How often do you fly? Monthly.
How many countries have you been to? 30+
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Flying to Palm Springs age 4.
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Iguazu Falls.
Favorite airline: South African Airlines.
Favorite aircraft type: 777.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Atlantic.
Favorite U.S. airport: If it didn’t have constant delays, SFO. MIA is great for people watching and it feels the most foreign for a US airport.
Favorite international airport: HKG.
Favorite hotel: Hotel du Russie Rome.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite beach: St. Tropez and Big Sur.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Bouley, New York.
Favorite bar: Bemelmans Bar at The Carlyle.
Favorite food: Steak tartare and pommes frites.
Least favorite food: Anything spicy.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Kir Royal.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Sheltering Sky.
Favorite travel show(s): Parts Unknown.
Right now I am reading: My blog!
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Travel + Leisure, Fathom, Goop.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Indagare, Concierge.com.
5 things you bring on a plane: Water, iPad mini, gum, Evian facial spray, stacks of magazines.
What do you always seem to forget? Nothing. I’m very organized!
What do you like least about travel? Jetlag.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Hermes bangle bracelet.
Favorite travel app(s): Uber.
Worst travel moment: Desperately trying to get on the last flight to Paris from (former) Yugoslavia.
What’s your dream destination? India.
Best travel tip: Do your research beforehand and never take no for an answer. There’s always a way to get into “that” restaurant, or museum exhibit-of-the-moment.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.