Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Cassie De Pecol
Occupation: Explorer, Activist
Hometown: Washington, CT
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College: LIU – Global College, Green Mountain College, Santa Barbara City College…Travel
College major: Environmental Studies
Pinterest: Cassie De Pecol
YouTube: Expedition 196
Short bio: Cassie De Pecol is a 27-year old woman from the US and on July 24, 2015, took off on a 196-country solo expedition as a global “Peace Ambassador” and sustainable tourism advocate; meeting with mayors and speaking to university students around the world, discussing the importance of women’s achievement, youth entrepreneurialism, and responsible tourism which encompassed the planting trees to offset her carbon footprint and collecting water samples to test for the presence of micro plastics. On February 2nd, 2017, she broke two Guinness World Records for “Fastest Person” and “Fastest Female” to travel to every country in the world. A triathlete and student of Krav Maga, Cassie’s goals have always been fitness/health focused, and during her travels she made it a priority to train as well as partake in distance races.
Cassie is now writing her memoir, wrapping up the educational documentary she filmed throughout “Expedition 196,” and sharing her story around the world through speaking engagements. Cassie hopes to inspire women of all ages and specifically future generations to pursue their passions through travel and living a healthy lifestyle while doing so.
How often do you fly? Every week on average.
How many countries have you been to? 196
Earliest travel memory: Traveling to Canada to see my moms side of the family and eating Swiss Chalet with my grandparents.
Favorite American city: Los Angeles.
Favorite international city: Ashgabat.
I have no desire to go to: Bungee jumping.
Friendliest people in the world: Pakistan.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Senegal.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Machu Picchu or Petra, close call.
Favorite airline: Emirates.
Favorite aircraft type: A380.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Air Mauritius Executive Lounge.
Favorite U.S. airport: PDX.
Favorite international airport: Munich Intl.
Favorite hotel: Soneva Fushi.
Favorite cruise line: Quark Expeditions (only “cruise” I’ve been on…to Antartica, and the only one I’ll ever go on).
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Favorite island: Palawan.
Favorite beach: El Matador, Martha’s Vineyard.
Favorite National Park: Zion.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Nobu or Arethusa ;)
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Can’t remember the name, but it was in Al-Ghaydah, Yemen. Best chai of my life.
Favorite airport restaurant: Airbrau Brauhaus.
Favorite bar: Bringing my own to the beach at sunset.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Lobster.
Least favorite food: Animal lard/fat.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Whiskey on the rocks.
Favorite travel movie(s): Into the Wild.
Favorite travel show(s): Not a TV person.
Favorite travel book(s): “On The Road,” “Meditations” by Thoreau.
Right now I am reading: The chapters for my book!
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Condé Nast, Nat Geo Travel.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! I can’t name any.
5 things you bring on a plane: Headphones, scarf (to create my own personal space), tea bags, eye mask, laptop.
What do you always seem to forget? People’s names.
What do you like least about travel? Getting there.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Sunglasses and a bottle of nice Cab Sav.
Favorite travel app(s): TripIt, Airbnb, TripAdvisor.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Forgetting to bring cash into Cuba.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Puerto Rico.
Worst travel moment: Any time I went 64+ hours without sleep.
What’s your dream destination? French Polynesia.
Favorite travel charity: Pack for a Purpose.
Best travel tip: Leave all preconceptions at the door and walk into any new place with a completely open mind.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.