Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Cat Cora
Occupation: Celebrity Chef and lifestyle entrepreneur
Hometown: Jackson, MS
Residence: Santa Barbara, California
Short Bio: Celebrity chef and lifestyle entrepreneur Cat Cora is a prominent figure in the culinary community. This Iron Chef and well-traveled mom of four boys was recently named Residence Inn by Marriott’s “Resident Mom of the Year 2013.” Cat Cora made television history in 2005 when she became the first female Iron Chef on Food Network’s Iron Chef America. Since then, Cora has continued to evolve her craft to become an accomplished author, restaurateur, contributing editor, avid philanthropist and television host. Last year, Cora became the first female chef to be inducted into the American Academy of Chefs®Culinary Hall of Fame.
How many countries have you been to: I believe about 30 countries
How many continents have you been to: I have been to 5 continents
Favorite American city: I get out to New York a lot and used to live there so it’s nice going back, but I also love Chicago, Nashville and my hometown Jackson, MS
Favorite international city: Singapore, Hong Kong, Paris, and the list goes on.
Least favorite country: Don’t have one
Favorite airline: American Airlines, Virgin and Singapore Airlines
Favorite aircraft type: The one with the beds and great first class
Aisle or window: Aisle
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Atlantic Heathrow Clubhouse
Favorite U.S. airport: San Francisco Terminal 2, Houston/Bush and Salt Lake City, they all have my restaurants in them and I can slip in for a visit
Favorite international airport: London Heathrow
Favorite hotel: There are so many!
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? It depends how long I am staying but I definitely hang most of my clothes and then keep extras like socks, etc in suitcase. I keep it pretty tidy!
Favorite cruise line: Oceana Cruise Lines specifically “The Riviera”
Favorite island: Skopelos, Greece
Favorite fancy restaurant: Ocean by Cat Cora in Singapore on Sentosa Island.
Favorite hole in the wall: Anything local wherever I am in the world
Favorite fruit: Mango
Favorite food: I have so many but I love a good grilled fish taco
Least favorite food: Not a fan of tongue, love cheeks though
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Club soda with lime and splash of OJ
Five things you bring on a plane: Diddy Beats to listen to music, iPad to read and work, I have several spiritual trinkets in my purse I like to have with me, healthy snacks, Picture of my wife and kids.
What do you always seem to forget: At this point not a lot, I usually pack and triple check.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): When I travel with the kids is when I pull out the apps
Most embarrassing travel moment: Trying to get pregnant with In-Vetro and having to give myself shots in the butt in the tiny bathrooms, someone opened the door that I forgot to lock, Awkward!
Worst travel moment: When an assistant sent me to JFK instead of LaGuardia at 5 am in the morning!
What’s your dream destination: At this point, I would love to see Australia and New Zealand
Favorite travel charity: I have my own, Chefs For Humanity and we are global especially in developing countries.
Best travel tip: I started putting a fabric softener in a pocket to keep my clothes fresh smelling, my favorite is GAIN
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.