Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Cez Krol
Occupation: Travel Blogger
Hometown: Gdańsk, Poland
College: University of Wolverhampton (UK)
College major: BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance
Pinterest: Agness & Cez (eTramping)
Google+: Cez Krol
Short bio: I’m a free spirit in a (still) quite young body. While travelling around Europe, Asia and beyond since 2011, I’ve been contributing to dozens of travel websites, but mostly eTramping Travel Blog. That’s my baby (which I share with my best friend—Agness).
How often do you fly? While until as recently as 2014 I was afraid of flying, I fly between two and 10 times a month. Well, as you can tell, I had to learn to love it.
How many countries have you been to? More than 40 and counting.
How many continents have you been to? 3 (and one more by the time this interview is published).
Earliest travel memory: Until I met Agness in 2008, I wasn’t really interested in travelling. It was her who woke that monster in me. The first time I travelled abroad was in 2002 when I visited my mom in the UK.
Favorite American city: I don’t have a favourite there yet.
Favorite international city: Seoul.
Least favorite country: The Philippines.
I have no desire to go to: The Philippines once again.
Friendliest people in the world: Tibetans, Japanese and Nepalese.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: China.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Zhangjiajie.
Favorite airline: LOT.
Aisle or window: Window!
Favorite airport lounge: Starbucks :P
Favorite international airport: Hong Kong.
Favorite hotel: Vienna Hotel (in China).
Favorite cruise line: Oceanwide Expeditions.
Favorite travel credit card: Barclays.
Favorite island: Koh Samui, Thailand.
Favorite beach: Chicken Island Beach, the Maldives.
Favorite National Park: Zhangjiajie National Park.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Nandos, but I wouldn’t call it fancy.
Favorite bar: New Bar, Dalang, China.
Favorite fruit: Banana.
Favorite food: Pizza or Polish potato pancakes.
Least favorite food: Onions, or anything with onions for that matter.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Coffee!
Favorite travel movie(s): Everest (2015).
Favorite travel show(s): Born Survivor/Man vs. Wild.
Favorite travel book(s): “Led by Destiny.”
Right now I am reading: “Reality Transurfing” by Vadim Zeland.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Urbanduniya, Ndoherty.com, Cities on Two Wheels.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Lonely Planet.
5 things you bring on a plane: Water, healthy snacks, Kindle, phone, and headphones.
What do you always seem to forget? With age I start to forget more and more of things that happened recently.
What do you like least about travel? Parting ways with amazing people met on the road.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Perfumes!
Favorite travel app(s): Donkey Bike.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Flying to North Korea and realising the SD card adapter is broken so I couldn’t use my camera throughout the trip, and that’s a trip of a lifetime.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Zakopane in Poland.
Worst travel moment: When Agness has passed away for just less than a minute in China.
What’s your dream destination? Antarctica (since Tibet and North Korea are crossed off my list now).
Best travel tip: Impossible is nothing when you know what you want!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.