Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Cherie Rose Martin
Occupation: Luxury Lifestyle & Travel Influencer
Hometown: Born in Manila, Philippines. Raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico. How’s that for diversity?
Residence: Paris & NYC
College: University of New Mexico
College major: Bachelor’s in Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing
Facebook: From Nada to Prada
Google+: Cherie Rose Martin
Short bio: Cherie Rose Martin is a 25-year-old international luxury lifestyle and travel influencer, specializing in luxury hotels, and the wife of actor, writer, director, producer Gregory Paul Martin, the eldest son of the Beatles’ producer Sir George Martin. She travels constantly with Mr. Martin, sharing his high flying, globetrotting life, moment by moment. She’ll be present at this year’s Cannes Film Festival where Mr. Martin is announcing his 2017 production slate, including a global TV rock ‘n roll series starring Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Lord, Will.I.Am, Sir Tom Jones, and Sir Richard Branson. They will be staying at the famed La Colombe D’Or in Saint Paul De Vence, where Picasso paid his bill by signing the table cloth.
How often do you fly? Every 2 weeks.
How many countries have you been to? A lot and counting ☺
How many continents have you been to? Same as above.
Earliest travel memory: At the age of 7, I immigrated to the USA from the Philippines. The sheer excitement running through my veins!
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Paris, France.
Least favorite country: Hungary.
I have no desire to go to: Budapest.
Friendliest people in the world: Filipinos.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: America.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Verulamium.
Favorite airline: Private jet or Air France.
Favorite aircraft type: Private jet or Dreamliner 787.
Aisle or window: Either as long as it’s the first row ;)
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, JFK Airport.
Favorite U.S. airport: Lihue, Kauai. I love those charming, small airports.
Favorite international airport: Heathrow.
Favorite hotel: The Quin Hotel in NYC.
Favorite cruise line: I don’t do ships. Sorry.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire.
Favorite island: Kauai.
Favorite beach: Hanalei Beach, the Croisette at Cannes, and Jules Pfeiffer State Beach, Big Sur.
Favorite National Park: Don’t have one.
Favorite fancy restaurant: La Colombe D’Or in Saint Paul De Vence, France.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Capizzi across from the Greyhound Bus Terminal near the Harlem Tunnel in NYC.
Favorite airport restaurant: Who eats at the airport? Ew.
Favorite bar: Barney’s Beanery where Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Humphrey Bogart, and Marilyn Monroe got blitzed night after night.
Favorite fruit: Strawberries.
Favorite food: Pasta.
Least favorite food: Brussels sprouts.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Coca-Cola.
Favorite travel movie(s): To Catch a Thief, Murder on the Orient Express.
Favorite travel show(s): The Layover with Anthony Bourdain and Hotel Impossible.
Favorite travel book(s): “A Year in Provence,” “A Year in the Merde.”
Right now I am reading: “The Richard Burton Diaries.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Travel & Leisure, Relais Chateaux, From Nada to Prada (of course!).
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! I love Johnny Jet! Small Luxury Hotels & Conde Nast Traveler.
5 things you bring on a plane: Me, myself, and I (and my two other alter egos).
What do you always seem to forget? Phone chargers. Everything should be wireless now!
What do you like least about travel? Airport security lines. Thank God for Global Entry.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? A quirky gift of some sort!
Favorite travel app(s): Google flights, Small Luxury Hotels app.
Most embarrassing travel moment: I don’t embarrass easily.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: If there’s somewhere I haven’t been, the country should be embarrassed, not me! ;)
Worst travel moment: Going across the border in Toronto last week! What a hassle!
What’s your dream destination? My life is a dream. I’m living it.
Favorite travel charity: Doctors Without Borders.
Best travel tip: Travel light, get to the airport early, and always turn left, not right, when getting on the airplane ;)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.