Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Chris Christensen
Occupation: Computer Geek. I am just changing jobs from the Director of Engineering for New Initiatives at TripAdvisor to Silicon Valley startup PayNearMe.com.
Hometown: I grew up in Salinas, California
Residence: I now live in San Jose, California
Bio: I am the host of the Amateur Traveler. The Amateur Traveler is an online travel show that focuses primarily on travel destinations and what are the best places to travel to. It includes a weekly audio podcast, a video podcast, and a blog.
How often do you fly: A little more than once a month, about 75,000 miles last year. Much of that between my home and office which are 2,700 miles apart.
How many countries have you been to: 24
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: San Diego
Favorite international city: Istanbul
Least favorite country: Lichtenstein
Favorite World Heritage Site: Nubian Monuments from Abu Simbel to Philae, Egypt
Favorite airline: None
Favorite aircraft type: 777
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: None
Favorite U.S. airport: Kahului Airport (OGG), Maui… because you are in Maui
Favorite international airport: Schiphol Airport, Netherlands
Favorite hotel: Luz En Yucatan, Merida Mexico
Favorite cruise line: Windjammer Bare Foot Cruises (defunct)
Favorite island: Islets of Langerhans
Favorite fancy restaurant: Longhi’s in Lahaina, Maui
Favorite hole in the wall: Peppers Mexicali Cafe, Pacific Grove, California
Favorite fruit: Tomato
Favorite food: Things made with Tomato like salsa and pizza
Least favorite food: Fish
Favorite travel movie(s): Indian Jones and the Last Crusade
Favorite travel show(s): Amateur Traveler and This Week in Travel
Five things you bring on a plane: iPad, ear plugs, water bottle, iPhone, headphones
What do you always seem to forget: I don’t remember
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): GateGuru
Favorite travel book(s): In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: realizing the night before a trip to Italy that we did not know where our passports were
What’s your dream destination: India
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: Flickr, I love just looking at pictures of places
Best travel tip: Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.