Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Christopher Farrell
Occupation: Traveler, writer, busker, and grocery store clerk
Hometown: Easton, Pennsylvania
Residence: Van Nuys, California
Website: Many Adventures of a Nomadic Poet
Short Bio: Christopher Farrell is a young man with Asperger’s who aspires to be a full-fledged travel writer. He’s loved the world for as long as he can remember and travels as often as possible. In his younger days, he was a two-time California state finalist in the National Geographic Bee and received his B.A. in geography from California State University Northridge in 2008. He has gone on to travel the world extensively, having a particular fondness for New Zealand, the South Pacific, and Latin America. He has recently started his own website detailing traveling with Asperger’s and has written an extensive blog for WorldNomads, an Australia-based leading travel insurance site.
How often do you fly: It depends on how often I travel but this year I’ve flown 7 times and my record for one year is 24 flights (in 2007).
How many countries have you been to: 24
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: Seattle and Santa Rosa, CA.
Favorite international city: Reykjavik (Iceland), London (England), and Havana (Cuba)
Least favorite country: I like every country I’ve visited, but Costa Rica is probably my least favorite.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Habana Vieja (old Havana)
Favorite airline: Air Pacific
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite hotel: The only actual hotel I’ve ever stayed at is the Hilton (put up there courtesy of Spirit Airlines after an emergency landing).
Favorite island: Niue
Favorite fruit: Mexican papaya and avocado
Favorite food: Pizza
Least favorite food: Fried chicken
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): In the air, black tea and on the ground, a mojito.
Favorite travel movie(s): Motorcycle Diaries
Favorite travel show(s): Bizarre Foods
Favorite travel book(s): Forbidden Knowledge Travel, Motorcycle Diaries, Quest for Kaitiakitanga
Right now I am reading: Lonely Planet’s Japan guidebook
Five things you bring on a plane: Passport, camera, Nintendo DS, book, “Falling Whistles” whistle
What do you always seem to forget: To let everyone at home know I’m a big boy and that I’ll be alright regardless of their worries.
What’s your dream destination: Ethiopia
Favorite travel charity: International Student Volunteers (I volunteered with them).
Best travel tip: Either back up your photos before setting off into volatile areas, or hide your memory card in your sock or underwear (lessens the possibility of losing all your photos if you’re robbed or pickpocketed).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.