Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Danilo Di Dio
Occupation: Blogger, kind of!
Hometown: Mascali, Italy
Residence: Around Asia
College: Electrical High School
Facebook: Danilo Di Dio
Short bio: Born in 1989 in a small village in the wonderful Sicily, Italy, after being in an electrical school and start to work as Project Engineer in a solar company in Sicily, I decided to start another ‘match’ moving in the north of Italy working as Project Manager in another solar company for 1 and a half year. When the career was going quickly up, I decided to start again. I left everything and went in Australia to travel and work, then New Zealand, then Philippines, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and I will do more, hopefully don’t stop. I’ve changed myself in these last 2 years and now I feel with more knowledge even if I’m not study, I think the best knowledge you can learn is from the people, older or younger then you doesn’t matter.
How often do you fly? Every 20 days.
How many countries have you been to? So far 10 countries…
How many continents have you been to? 3 continents.
Earliest travel memory: I can’t forget the smile of a young girl, maybe 7 years old, when I gave her my bracelet in Malaysia.
Favorite American city: I never been there…
Favorite international city: So far, Kuala Lumpur.
Least favorite country: Singapore.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Singapore.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Underground River.
Favorite airline: AirAsia.
Favorite aircraft type: The aircraft that never crash…
Aisle or window: Window no doubt.
Favorite airport lounge: Singapore.
Favorite U.S. airport: Never been.
Favorite international airport: Singapore.
Favorite hotel: As hospitality, Our Melting Pot, Manila.
Favorite cruise line: No favourite one.
Favorite travel credit card: Commonwealth Bank.
Favorite island: Never ask, Sicily!
Favorite beach: Plenty in Australia.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Street restaurant, that is fancy for me!
Favorite bar: With live music and good beer.
Favorite fruit: Apple Rose.
Favorite food: Mee Goreng – fried noodles.
Least favorite food: BBQ with peanut butter.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Soft drink.
Favorite travel movie(s): “Into the Wild”…
Favorite travel show(s): Never seen one.
Favorite travel book(s): Unexpectedly Backpacker, my story!
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Mondoaereoporto, Solopinaybackpacker.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Blogs from Discovery Channel.
5 things you bring on a plane: Tablet, passport, money, jumper and pen.
What do you always seem to forget? Passport.
What do you like least about travel? Waste my time in the airport.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Chocolate make me happy.
Favorite travel app(s): No apps, the best apps are the people…
Most embarrassing travel moment: Falling down as a dumb in front of a full bus of people in Sabah, Malaysia.
Worst travel moment: Singapore, when the hostel stole money to my bag.
What’s your dream destination? Already been, Sabah!
Best travel tip: Stay in touch with locals, they are the real reason why a place is wonderful…
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.