Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Divya Mulanjur
Occupation: Travel blogger and Marketing Manager at Suiteness
Hometown: Mumbai, India
Residence: Austin, TX, USA
College: SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
College major: Information Management
Short bio: Divya Mulanjur (coffee shop name: Mulan) is a travel blogger and marketing professional. She is from Mumbai, India currently living in Austin, TX. She worked in IT at Cognizant before pursuing an MBA and shifting to marketing. She worked at Citibank and EY, and is currently helping groups and families find the best way to vacation and stay together in luxury as Marketing Manager at Suiteness. She loves travel, food, music, and board games. She loves planning for trips by making a checklist of must see places and must eat at restaurants.
How often do you fly? I travel 4-5 times a year. It’s usually a good mix of road trips and flying.
How many continents have you been to? 4
Favorite American city: Austin and San Francisco.
Favorite international city: Edinburgh, Cartagena, London.
Friendliest people in the world: I thought Wisconsin was very friendly!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station, Mumbai. It’s more than a hundred-years old, and serves more than three million people everyday. This Victorian Gothic revival architecture is one of the most beautiful, everyday buildings I’ve seen.
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines and British Airways.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver.
Favorite international airport: Changi Airport, Singapore.
Favorite travel credit card: Starwood Preferred Guest card from AMEX.
Favorite island: Loved Coralina in Rosario Islands, off the coast of Cartagena. Secluded and wonderful.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Uchi, Austin.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Not really a hole-in-the-wall but my favorite sushi place—Tomo sushi, Austin.
Favorite bar: Always love a cocktail from the rooftop Aer Lounge, Four Seasons Mumbai.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Any form of fish, especially sushi or Malabar fish curry.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Red wine in air. On the ground—spicy tequila with jalapenos, cilantro and cucumber juice.
Favorite travel movie(s): Recently saw Hector and the Search for Happiness—loved it. Also love the Bollywood movie Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Suiteness.com, Conde Nast Traveler, TripAdvisor.
5 things you bring on a plane: Earphones, a small board game/cards, a book, socks (my feet get cold all the time!), ibuprofen.
What do you always seem to forget? Sunglasses.
What do you like least about travel? USA-India flights. The 17-hour flights are long to begin with and it’s worse when I’m eager to see family.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Booze. I can’t think of anything else!
Most embarrassing travel moment: Way too embarrassing to tell.
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Kumarakom and the backwaters of Kerala, my home state in India. It’s absolutely beautiful and aptly called God’s Own Country.
Worst travel moment: I was in Chennai, India for a friend’s wedding in December 2015, three days after the city was affected by crazy floods. Just as I was on my way to the airport (three hours ahead of time to beat the traffic), it started raining and flooding again. Not only did I miss my flight, I was stuck in traffic for seven hours with no way to go anywhere, no hotels nearby and no way to even take a leak :( The traffic cleared at 1 am.
What’s your dream destination? Bora Bora.
Best travel tip: Food is part of travel. Experience and explore—don’t just sight-see. Plan ahead.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.