Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Domonique Matthews
Occupation: Family travel and lifestyle blogger
Hometown: Santa Monica, CA
Residence: SF Bay Area
College: San Diego State University
College major: Spanish
Facebook: The Simple Proof
Pinterest: Domonique | The Simple Proof
Short bio: I’m a wife, mother of three and traveler at heart. I write about family life through our adventures at home in N. California and around the world. We enjoy the outdoors, travels often, and seek out the beauty in everyday moments. Our travels have been featured on several travel blogs around the world.
How often do you fly? Once a month.
How many countries have you been to? 11
How many continents have you been to? 3
Earliest travel memory: Beach camping in California.
Favorite American city: New York, NY.
Favorite international city: Florence, Italy.
Least favorite country: Haven’t met one I didn’t like.
I have no desire to go to: Antarctica.
Friendliest people in the world: Costa Ricans.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Turkey.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Olympic National Park.
Favorite airline: Virgin Atlantic or Virgin America.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 747.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO.
Favorite international airport: Heathrow.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Punta Mita.
Favorite cruise line: SilverSea.
Favorite travel credit card: Amex.
Favorite island: Sardinia, Italy.
Favorite beach: Playa Guiones, Costa Rica.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Gary Danko, San Francisco.
Favorite bar: Trick Dog, San Francisco.
Favorite fruit: Fresh picked berries.
Favorite food: French bread and good butter.
Least favorite food: Clams.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water.
Favorite travel book(s): “Best American Travel Writing.”
Right now I am reading: “Angle of Repose.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: NY Times, Time Out, CN Traveler.
5 things you bring on a plane: Laptop, headphones, water, mints, a book,
What do you always seem to forget? Extra memory cards.
What do you like least about travel? Security lines.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Not a thing.
Favorite travel app(s): Skiplagged, City Maps 2Go.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Crying on a plane home from Istanbul in my 20s. I think everyone must have thought i was dying!
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Amsterdam.
Worst travel moment: Consecutive days of pouring rain while camping on a 2 week bike trip through France.
What’s your dream destination? Clayoquot Wilderness Resort in BC.
Best travel tip: Remember the most frustrating, embarrassing or painful travel experiences often earn their place as your best memories and stories for years to come.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.