Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Dr. Jeff
Hometown: Frankfort, Indiana
Residence: Wheat Ridge, Colorado
College: Purdue, University of Illinois, Montana State & Colorado State
College major: Vet Science
Website: Planned Pethood International
Short bio: Host of Animal Planet’s Dr. Jeff: Rocky Mountain Vet, premiering on Saturday, September 30, at 9pm ET/PT.
How often do you fly? Four to six times a year.
How many countries have you been to? Over 30.
How many continents have you been to? Five.
Earliest travel memory: Moving to Guam.
Favorite American city: Portland.
Favorite international city: Prague.
Least favorite country: Pakistan.
I have no desire to go to: Afghanistan.
Friendliest people in the world: Indians.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: America.
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Great Wall.
Favorite airline: United.
Favorite aircraft type: Bigger the better.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver.
Favorite international airport: Denver.
Favorite hotel: Valamar Lacroma, Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: Cozumel.
Favorite beach: Agonda Beach, India.
Favorite National Park: Glacier.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Don’t do fancy.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Pie Pizza Place.
Favorite airport restaurant: Any pizza place.
Favorite bar: Local 46.
Favorite fruit: Raspberries.
Favorite food: Pizza.
Least favorite food: Sushi.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Bailey’s.
Favorite travel show(s): House Hunter International.
Right now I am reading: “Helping Children Succeed.”
5 things you bring on a plane: Books, music, pen & paper.
What do you always seem to forget? Neck pillow.
What do you like least about travel? Adjusting to time difference.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? A local liquor traditional for the area.
Favorite travel app(s): Kayak.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Catching the wrong train.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Africa.
Worst travel moment: Flying just three days post knee surgery.
What’s your dream destination? To go to Antarctica.
Favorite travel charity: Planned Pethood International.
Best travel tip: Get it in the morning & stay up to go to bed at a normal time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.