Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations, and what they never leave home without.
Name: Drew Binsky
Occupation: Travel Blogger, Video Maker
Hometown: Scottsdale, AZ
Residence: Currently in Hanoi
College: University of Wisconsin-Madison
College major: Economics & Entrepreneurship
Facebook: Drew Binsky
Pinterest: Drew Binsky
YouTube: Drew Binsky
Short bio: Drew Binsky has visited 100+ countries since 2012. He is an adventure-seeker and a people-person and enjoys stepping out of his comfort zone on a daily basis. Drew plans to visit every country before turning 30.
How often do you fly? 100+ times per year.
How many countries have you been to? 98
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: Going to San Diego with my family.
Favorite American city: Chicago.
Favorite international city: Prague.
Least favorite country: Albania.
I have no desire to go to: Syria.
Friendliest people in the world: Philippines.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Belarus.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Taj Mahal.
Favorite airline: Singapore.
Favorite aircraft type: A380 Airbus.
Aisle or window: Window always!
Favorite airport lounge: Dubai (forgot name).
Favorite U.S. airport: Phoenix Sky Harbor.
Favorite international airport: Seoul Korea.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons.
Favorite cruise line: Norwegian.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Favorite island: Siquijor, Philippines.
Favorite beach: Anywhere in the Philippines.
Favorite National Park: Grand Canyon.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Sapporo in Scottsdale.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Anywhere in Bangkok.
Favorite bar: Double Trouble in Prague.
Favorite fruit: Banana.
Favorite food: Sushi.
Least favorite food: I honestly like everything!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Anything with vodka.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Beach.
Favorite travel show(s): Anythony Bourdain.
Favorite travel book(s): “4-Hour Workweek.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Expert Vagabond, Triphackr, T+L.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Same as above.
5 things you bring on a plane: Phone, laptop, pen, eye shades, headphones.
What do you always seem to forget? Toothpaste.
What do you like least about travel? Flight delays.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Cigars!
Favorite travel app(s): Google Maps, TripIt.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Missing a flight from Kiev to BKK and paying $700 on the spot for a new one.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: I don’t understand the question.
Worst travel moment: Getting in a bus crash in India.
What’s your dream destination? Maldives.
Favorite travel charity: The Travel Foundation.
Best travel tip: Bring extra U.S. cash with you and stash it in different areas.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.