Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Elizabeth Blau
Hometown: West Hartford, Connecticut
Residence: Las Vegas, NV/Vancouver B.C
College: Georgetown University/Cornell University
College major: Government/International Relations
Short bio: James Beard Award nominee and powerhouse female restaurateur Elizabeth Blau is widely credited with transforming Las Vegas into the world-class culinary destination it is today. Together with her husband Chef Kim Canteenwalla, Elizabeth owns and operates Vegas-based Honey Salt, Andiron Steak & Sea and a portion of Buddy V’s Ristorante. She has appeared as a judge on Food Network’s Iron Chef America, is an annual judge for Hotel magazine’s best restaurants, and has been featured on the Travel channel and The Martha Stewart Show. She was also recently one of three investors on CNBC’s Restaurant Startup alongside Tim Love and Joe Bastianich.
How often do you fly? Too much…
How many countries have you been to? More than 50.
How many continents have you been to? 6
Earliest travel memory: London with my family.
Favorite American city: NYC.
Favorite international city: London.
I have no desire to go to: Siberia.
Friendliest people in the world: Canada.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Grand Canyon.
Favorite airline: Emirates.
Favorite aircraft type: Private.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: American Express Centurion.
Favorite U.S. airport: SFO.
Favorite international airport: Heathrow.
Favorite hotel: Aman.
Favorite cruise line: Silversea.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: Nantucket.
Favorite beach: Nauset Beach, Cape Cod.
Favorite National Park: Yellowstone.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Le Cirque.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Yui Sushi Las Vegas.
Favorite airport restaurant: Olives.
Favorite bar: Cipriani.
Favorite fruit: Blueberry.
Favorite food: Fried clams.
Least favorite food: Foie gras.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Monkey 47 in and tonic/water.
Favorite travel movie(s): Roman Holiday.
Favorite travel show(s): Anything with Andrew Zimmern.
Favorite travel book(s): Michelin guide.
Right now I am reading: “The Girl Left Behind,” Jojo Moyes.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Indagare, Fathom, Departures.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Indagare.
5 things you bring on a plane: Water, raw almonds, scarf, carry-on suitcase, a meal.
What do you always seem to forget? Chargers.
What do you like least about travel? TSA.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Caviar.
What’s your dream destination? New Zealand.
Best travel tip: Don’t overpack!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.