Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Ellen Clark
Occupation: Travel Photographer & Writer
Hometown: Santa Barbara, CA
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College: University of the Pacific (BA), Loyola Marymount (MA)
College major: Art (UOP), Art Therapy (LMU)
Twitter: Coming soon
Facebook: Ellen Clark
Short bio: Los Angeles-based travel photographer and writer Ellen Clark has dreamed of traveling for as long as she can remember. Always willing to go anywhere at a moment’s notice, she’s traveled to places she’d only dreamed about and has shared her adventures through pictures and stories. She has traveled extensively, particularly in North America and Asia, and her award-winning stories and photographs have appeared in magazines, newspapers, guidebooks, blogs, and travel websites. She’s won numerous awards, including being twice named Photographer of the Year by the Society of American Travel Writers.
How often do you fly? At least 30 times a year.
How many countries have you been to? 66
How many continents have you been to? Six.
Earliest travel memory: Spending summers on Miramar Beach in Santa Barbara, CA.
Favorite American city: San Francisco.
Favorite international city: Prague.
Least favorite country: Don’t have one.
I have no desire to go to: Somalia.
Friendliest people in the world: Too many to list.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Haven’t run across one…yet.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Wadi Rum (Jordan), Samarkand (Uzbekistan), Kluane/Wrangell-St. Elias/Glacier Bay/Tatshenshini-Alsek.
Aisle or window: Window, always!
Favorite international airport: Hong Kong.
Favorite hotel: Turtle Island, Fiji.
Favorite cruise line: I don’t cruise.
Favorite travel credit card: Visa.
Favorite island: Fiji.
Favorite beach: Tulum, Riviera Maya.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Melisse Los Angeles.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Golden Bull, Santa Monica Canyon.
Favorite bar: Any off-the-beaten-path “dive” bar.
Favorite fruit: Pineapple.
Favorite food: French.
Least favorite food: Indian.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): White wine.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Darjeeling Limited, The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, To Catch a Thief, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
Favorite travel show(s): Michael Palin’s travels, Art Wolfe’s Travels to the Edge.
Favorite travel book(s): “Notes from a Small Island” by Bill Bryson, “The Great Railway Bazaar” by Paul Theroux, “Travels” by Michael Crichton, “Travels with Charley” by John Steinbeck, “My Family & Other Animals” by Gerald Durrell.
Right now I am reading: “The Rainbow Comes and Goes” by Anderson Cooper.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! TravelScope.
5 things you bring on a plane: A full-sized down pillow, my iPhone with Kindle, a sleeping pill, a warm sweater/jacket, and a sense of humor.
What do you always seem to forget? Nothing, I’m pretty organized.
What do you like least about travel? Sitting on the tarmac.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? After Eight thin mints.
Favorite travel app(s): Snapseed.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Falling down the escalator at Heathrow’s Terminal 3.
What’s your dream destination? Wherever I’m going next.
Best travel tip: Always fly carry-on only.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.