Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Eric Grayson
Occupation: Travel Advisor
Hometown: New York City
Residence: New York City
College: Pace University
College major: Business Administration
Short bio: Eric’s first stamp in his passport came before his first birthday and he’s been traveling ever since. He’s explored the souks of Morocco, trekked across Botswana’s Okavango Delta and perused the floating markets in Bangkok. Over the past 10 years, he’s visited nearly 40 countries and stayed in over 100 luxury hotels and properties. Prior to founding Discover 7, Eric worked in client services at The Carlyle Hotel, The Pierre and The Four Seasons Hotel Philadelphia. He also designed bespoke travel experiences as an advisor for Frosch Travel. Recently, Eric founded a social networking company designed to match like-minded travelers from around the globe. He currently resides in New York City and enjoys playing basketball, golf, and is an aviation enthusiast and pilot.
How often do you fly? Once or twice per month.
How many countries have you been to? About 50.
How many continents have you been to? 6, nervous about the spotty Wi-Fi on the 7th.
Earliest travel memory: Traveling with my parents to London in second grade.
Favorite American city: New York, can’t go wrong with home.
Favorite international city: Paris, you can never go back too many times.
Least favorite country: Ukraine.
I have no desire to go to: There is nowhere that I don’t want to explore!
Friendliest people in the world: The people of Bhutan.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Russia.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Angkor Wat.
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines.
Favorite aircraft type: 747-8.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: British Airways Concorde room.
Favorite U.S. airport: San Diego.
Favorite international airport: Singapore Changi Airport.
Favorite hotel: Mandarin Oriental Bangkok.
Favorite cruise line: Silversea.
Favorite travel credit card: If you can get it, American Express Centurion.
Favorite island: Nantucket.
Favorite beach: Ballston beach on Cape Cod.
Favorite National Park: Denali in Alaska.
Favorite fancy restaurant: French Laundry in Napa.
Favorite bar: Acme in NYC.
Favorite fruit: Apples.
Favorite food: Sushi.
Least favorite food: Cauliflower.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Virgin Mary.
Favorite travel movie(s): Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
Favorite travel show(s): Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.
Favorite travel book(s): “A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush.”
Right now I am reading: “Night Film” by Marisha Pessl.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: FlyerTalk, Hideaway Report and Gallivanter’s Guide.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Airliners.net, a must for any true airplane geek.
5 things you bring on a plane: My own water, mints, iPad.
What do you always seem to forget? Cell phone charger!
What do you like least about travel? Airport security. Without it, travel would be easy.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? An Hermès tie.
Favorite travel app(s): TripIt.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Losing my wallet at a security check point with a group of colleagues.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Peru.
Worst travel moment: Missing a flight, so much stress!!
What’s your dream destination? Greenland.
Favorite travel charity: Himalayan Cataract Project.
Best travel tip: Never exchange money at your hotel. Always withdraw directly from an ATM. You’ll get more favorable exchange rates that way.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.