Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Erina Pindar
Occupation: Managing Director at SmartFlyer
Hometown: CLT by way of CGK
Residence: New York City
Short bio: Erina was raised traveling the globe, calls New York City home, and has lived in Jakarta and Singapore. Practically an expert at jumping time zones, she’s been known to fly around the world and be at her desk mere hours later. Finding any excuse to be a good excuse to travel, she is frequently enticed across the globe by as little as a pair of Antonio Viva’s sandals or sushi breakfast at Tokyo’s Tsukiji Fish Market. Erina was voted as one of Travel Agent Magazine’s Top 30 Under 30 in 2010 and has spoken at the New York Times Travel Show and International Luxury Travel Market (ILTM) on various social media & luxury travel subjects.
How often do you fly? On average, internationally 2-3 times per month.
How many countries have you been to? 22 and counting.
How many continents have you been to? Four (North America, Europe, Asia, Australia), Africa is high on my list for 2015.
Earliest travel memory: Flying from CGK to SIN on Singapore Airlines.
Favorite American city: New York, NY—a city so great they named it twice.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific.
Favorite aircraft type: 77W.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: The Wing, Cathay’s HKG lounge.
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK.
Favorite international airport: Singapore’s Changi Airport.
Favorite hotel: Park Hyatt Sydney, sleek, sexy, and that view of the Harbour just takes your breath away.
Favorite cruise line: I’ve never been on a cruise, but currently I have my eyes on the Alila Purnama, a luxury Phinisi ships that sails through Flores and Komodo Island this summer!
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Preferred, double the points on travel and dining, and no foreign transaction fee.
Favorite island: St. Barths, glamorous yet laid back, with some of the best beaches in the world.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: da Enzo29 in Rome’s Trastevere neighborhood. Loud and tiny with checkered plastic tablecloths, wine by the carafes, and the best spaghetti and meatballs money can buy.
Favorite bar: Le Bar du Bristol.
Favorite fruit: Mangosteen and passion fruit.
Favorite food: Mediterranean.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water in the air, always; Glenlivet 18 on the ground.
Favorite travel movie(s): Midnight in Paris.
Right now I am reading: Hemingway’s “A Moveable Feast.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: CN Traveler, Ann Street Studio’s travel blog, Virtuoso Life.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! SmartFlyer.com of course!
5 things you bring on a plane: Noise-canceling headphones, an eye-mask, eye drops, iPad, and a large pashmina.
What do you always seem to forget? Power adaptors.
What do you like least about travel? Bad weather, because it means clients’ delays and cancellations which makes for a very tense office environment.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? I never say no to Toblerone and postcards from faraway places makes me happy.
Favorite travel app(s): WhatsApp, Google Maps, and Evernote.
What’s your dream destination? South America—Santiago, Valparaiso and the Atacama desert.
Best travel tip: If you travel internationally more than twice a year, sign up for Global Entry. It’s the best $100 I’ve ever spent.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.