Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Francesca Page
Occupation: Broadcast Journalist & Travel Expert
Hometown: London, England
Residence: New York City
College: Kings College London
College major: Philosophy and World Religions
Facebook: Francesca Page
Pinterest: Francesca Page
YouTube: Francesca Page
Short bio: Francesca Page is a TV Host, Producer and Multimedia Journalist with a focus on Lifestyle and Travel. She has hosted and written for television, web and print media, with a career that has covered politics, lifestyle, entertainment, and worldwide exploration.
Raised between London, NY and Miami, Francesca first found her love of media through her trans-continental lifestyle, and fascination with different places, cultures and religions. Her passion for writing, reporting and performance gained her English and Drama scholarships to attend the renowned Cheltenham College and Wycombe Abbey. On paper, she accrued awards, such as Penguin’s Young Writers Prize, and an invitation to study a BA Philosophy at Kings College London University, as well as an MFA at The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art for Text and Performance.
Outside of her studies Francesca has travelled the world, using her skills as a correspondent for sports outlets such as Surfgirl Magazine and Onboard Snowboard Magazine, before blazing a trail as the Lifestyle & Entertainment Correspondent for The CW Network, an Anchor for Newsmax TV, the Founder of Miss Travel Guru, and regularly featured Broadcast Travel & Lifestyle Expert on national networks such as Fox News Channel as well as NBC, CBS & ABC affiliates.
How often do you fly? Twice a month.
How many countries have you been to? 35
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: Rome—The Spanish Steps.
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Rome.
Least favorite country: Every country has its own unique ups and downs.
I have no desire to go to: Mars…the world is enough!
Friendliest people in the world: Jamaicans; I’ve never met such wonderful huggers!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Pompeii.
Favorite aircraft type: In memory of my dad who loved them, Spitfires!
Aisle or window: Window for sleeping and views/aisle for convenience.
Favorite U.S. airport: JFK is looking pretty nice these days. Caviar and champagne with free iPad use is good for me! Kahului Airport in Maui is also great—they did a hula in the lobby while I collected my bags.
Favorite island: Ponza, Italy.
Favorite beach: Little Beach, Maui.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Chefs Club NYC or Zuma in London.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Kahunas in South Florida (live reggae bands on the beach).
Favorite fruit: Bananas or coconuts.
Favorite food: Fish tacos.
Least favorite food: Salmon.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Martini, two olives.
Favorite travel show(s): Anything Anthony Bourdain does is great, but I mainly watch travel documentaries.
Favorite travel book(s): “A Spiritual Renegade’s Guide to the Good Life.”
Right now I am reading: “The Way of the Superior Man.”
5 things you bring on a plane: Hand sanitizer, Airborne, iPad or Kindle Fire, headphones, and a Luna nutrition bar.
What do you always seem to forget? Cash.
What do you like least about travel? Not traveling!
Most embarrassing travel moment: Taking my puppy Yorkie with me for the first time; he was the sensation of the aircraft.
What’s your dream destination? Bali.
Best travel tip: Always overestimate time, and learn what works for you to enjoy the journey!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.