Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Occupation: Travel writer, photographer, painter
Hometown: Rowayton, Connecticut
Residence: Rowayton and Warren, Vermont
Hi, I am Georgette, a writer and artist based in Connecticut and Vermont. I am also Johnny Jet’s older sister, who quite possibly ignited his first spark of interest in traveling to exotic places, when at the impressionable age of 14, he saw my two-week trip to Australia last four years! Whether skiing in the mountains, snorkeling in the tropics, or exploring faraway cities, I am always game for traveling and the privilege of writing for my baby brother’s website JohnnyJet.com. Of course, coming home to my husband Cam, our dog Baci, and my cat Ace – is great, too! Visit my website at www.georgettepaintings.com.
How often do you fly: 24-36 times annually
How many countries have you been to: 34
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: San Francisco
Favorite international city: Florence
Least favorite country: Have not found one yet!
Favorite World Heritage Site: Uluru – Ayer’s Rock, Australia
Favorite airline: Thai Airways
Favorite aircraft type: WWII Beaver
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: Auckland New Zealand, Air New Zealand
Favorite U.S. airport: Burlington, Vermont
Favorite international airport: BKK Suvarnabhumi Bangkok
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Hotel in Santa Barbara
Favorite cruise line: Mary Day in Camden Maine (sailboat)
Favorite island: St. Bart’s and Petite St. Vincent
Favorite fancy restaurant: Le Bernadin in NYC
Favorite hole in the wall: Talkeetna Roadhouse, Talkeetna, Alaska
Favorite fruit: Mango
Favorite food: Thai
Least favorite food: Liver
Favorite travel movie(s): Wizard of OZ
Favorite travel show(s): Hot Spots and Anthony Bourdain
Favorite travel book(s): A Trip to the Beach, Lonely Planet
Five things you bring on a plane: Earplugs, Eyemask, Earphones, notebook, pen
What do you always seem to forget: Camera charger
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Alaska App, Mad River Guide, Metro North
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Camera batteries died on a Winter in Yellowstone trip, couldn’t photograph wolves (it was -35 and wolves weren’t happy either!)
What’s your dream destination: Hiking Machu Pichu, African safari
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: JohnnyJet.com, caroundtheworld,
Best travel tip: Pack light in a suitcase you love!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.