Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Glennis LaRoe
Hometown: I don’t really have one! Lived in London for 13 years.
Residence: New York, NY
College: University College London
College major: Human Sciences, BSc
Short bio: Glennis is an international kid who grew up mostly in Germany and London, now based in NYC pursuing a production and performance career. (Editor’s note: Glennis also stars in this amazing new Québec Original campaign.)
How often do you fly? 3x a year.
How many countries have you been to? 12
How many continents have you been to? Only two!
Earliest travel memory: Moving from Germany to NYC when I was three-years old.
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: London.
Friendliest people in the world: People from Québec! (Canada.)
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite hotel: Le Germain Hotel in Charlevoix, Québec.
Favorite food: Anything spicy!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Mojito.
Favorite travel show(s): Not a travel show per se, but Human Planet gives me major wanderlust. Also YouTube is rife with envy-inducing travel channels.
5 things you bring on a plane: Water, comfy socks.
What do you always seem to forget? A travel adapter.
What do you like least about travel? Jetlag and repacking your bag for the trip home!
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? I can’t have enough of Ray-Bans or Kinder chocolate.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Any Asian, South American or South American countries!
Worst travel moment: Probably having my flight to the US for my grandparent’s elaborate 50th wedding anniversary party cancelled due to a blizzard and missing the whole thing by a few days!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.