Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Hayley Corwick (aka Lila Delilah)
Hometown: New York, NY
Residence: New York, NY
College major: Bachelor of Journalism
Facebook: Lila Delilah
Short bio: Hayley Corwick is a fashion/business journalist turned blogger. She is the founder of fashion and shopping blog Madison Avenue Spy, which is widely known for its keen coverage of the retail market and provides readers with timely shopping tips and advice. Madison Avenue Spy directly influences more than $10 million of retail purchases annually. Hayley offers social media consulting and retail industry insights to several luxury companies and retail stores.
Hayley recently started a travel technology company but—like most spy operations—it’s top secret.
How often do you fly? Every six weeks.
How many countries have you been to? 20
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Falling at JFK airport and chipping my tooth. I was four.
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Paris, France.
Least favorite country: Odessa, Ukraine.
I have no desire to go to: Iraq.
Friendliest people in the world: Italians.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: London.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Toledo, Spain.
Favorite airline: Emirates.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 747 (with an upper deck).
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Lufthansa First Class Terminal Frankfurt.
Favorite U.S. airport: PHX.
Favorite international airport: Munich.
Favorite hotel: Nizuc (Rivera Maya, Mexico) or Peninsula Paris.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express.
Favorite island: St. Barths.
Favorite beach: East Hampton, Main Beach.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Le Bernardin.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: B&H Dairy.
Favorite bar: Baccarat.
Favorite fruit: Watermelon.
Favorite food: Steak.
Least favorite food: Celery.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Champagne.
Favorite travel movie(s): Lost in Translation.
Favorite travel show(s): Do any of the Real Housewives series count? They travel!
Favorite travel book(s): I like reading along the theme of where I am traveling.
Right now I am reading: “The Ghost of Hannah Mendez.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Travel & Leisure, Departures, CN Traveler.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! MissOAroundTheWorld.com and AFAR.
5 things you bring on a plane: Personal headphones, a cozy wrap sweater, makeup, fashion magazines, and an extra change of clothes.
What do you always seem to forget? Eye drops (my eyes are always so red and dry after flying).
What do you like least about travel? Rude travelers.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Diptyque candles.
Favorite travel app(s): Uber—you’re never stranded.
Most embarrassing travel moment: When I thought I lost my passport but I just left it at the ticketing counter.
I’m embarrassed I haven’t been to: Hong Kong.
Worst travel moment: Opting to not check luggage and having TSA go through every item of mine in London.
What’s your dream destination? Maldives.
Favorite travel charity: Habitat for Humanity.
Best travel tip: Get to the airport early and don’t stress.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.