Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jacey Duprie
Occupation: Curator of Damsel in Dior
Hometown: Taft, Texas
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College: DePaul University, Chicago
College major: Journalism
Facebook: Damsel In Dior
Pinterest: Damsel in Dior
YouTube: Jacey Duprie
Short bio: Damsel in Dior first started out as a creative outlet for Jacey Duprie in 2009 and in 2011 she turned her hobby into a full-time job. The website has been featured in Vanity Fair, Forbes, Huffington Post, WhoWhatWear, and E! News and has appeared in several ad campaigns for Barneys, SAKS, GAP, Nordstom & Neiman Marcus. Jacey Duprie is a Journalism major from DePaul University (Chicago). Her past jobs include: HARPO (PR Assistant), NBC (Reporter Assistant), WGN (News Assignment Desk), E! News (Exec. Assistant), Imagine Entertainment (Assistant to Brian Grazer), and SINGER22 (Associate Editor). In her spare time, Jacey enjoys playing the piano, writing and playing with her two English bulldogs, William and Polly. She loves the feeling of stepping onto a plane and chicken fingers are her weakness.
How often do you fly? An average of 3 trips a month.
How many countries have you been to? 16
How many continents have you been to? 5
Earliest travel memory: My very first time on an airplane was when I was 8-years-old (3rd grade). I was so excited that I slept in my outfit the night before (which was a navy blue blazer with a white collared shirt, slacks and loafers).
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: I do not have one.
I have no desire to go to: On a big cruise.
Friendliest people in the world: Nairobi, Kenya.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Houston, TX.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Ngorongoro Conservation Area in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Favorite airline: Cathay Pacific.
Favorite aircraft type: All of the new Boeings are awesome.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: London Heathrow Virgin Atlantic.
Favorite U.S. airport: Denver, CO.
Favorite international airport: Zurich, Switzerland.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons (can’t go wrong across the board).
Favorite cruise line: I don’t love cruises.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express Starwood.
Favorite island: Cozumel.
Favorite beach: Bermuda Fairmont Hamilton Beach Club.
Favorite fancy restaurant: L’Avenue in Paris.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Spotted Pig in NY.
Favorite bar: Coconuts in Cozumel, Mexico.
Favorite fruit: Watermelon.
Favorite food: Italian.
Least favorite food: Vegan.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Vodka and soda with two limes.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Lost in Translation & The Proposal.
Favorite travel book(s): “You Shall Know Our Velocity!”
Right now I am reading: “Corpus Christi: Stories.”
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Airbnb, Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! KiwiCollection.com.
5 things you bring on a plane: Laptop, earphones, backup chargers, Carmex, and socks.
What do you always seem to forget? My iPhone charger.
What do you like least about travel? Children in airports whose parents are absent.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Alcohol that you can’t find in the US.
Favorite travel app(s): HopStop, Open Table, Airbnb, HotelTonight, Passbook.
Most embarrassing travel moment: I was en route to Kenya and had a bad reaction to Malarone. I was grounded in Amsterdam for two days, sick, and nearly missed the entire trip!
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Spain.
Worst travel moment: Getting my camera lens stolen out of my bag just before a safari in Tanzania.
What’s your dream destination? Vietnam.
Best travel tip: Always pack a carry-on with toiletries and a change of clothes.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.