Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jackie DesForges
Occupation: Freelance writer, Marketing Coordinator for VagabundoMagazine.com
Hometown: Los Angeles
Facebook: Jackie DesForges
Short Bio: Jackie DesForges is a writer from Los Angeles currently living in Chicago. To date she has served as a student ambassador in England and France, a volunteer in Mexico, an art student on the Riviera, and a fledgling travel writer in Edinburgh. She has also dragged her exceptionally heavy backpack through several other countries along the way. Currently she spends her time blogging about travels past and present at jackietravels.com, talking about Breaking Bad on Twitter, and serving as the Marketing and Advertising Coordinator for Vagabundo Magazine.
How often do you fly: Only a few times a year, sadly!
How many countries have you been to: 17
How many continents have you been to: 2
Favorite American city: Chicago
Favorite international city: Nice, France
Least favorite country: Austria (Vienna was mean to me twice)
Favorite World Heritage Site: Le Mont Saint Michel
Favorite airport lounge: El Al – it is also the only airport lounge I’ve experienced.
Favorite U.S. airport: Anything but JFK
Favorite international airport: Anything but CDG
Favorite food: Mexican
Least favorite food: Thai
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground) : Mojito
Favorite travel movie(s): Before Sunrise
Favorite travel show(s): House Hunters International
Favorite travel book(s): Martha Gellhorn’s travel essays
Right now I am reading: Jonathan Franzen’s The Corrections
Five things you bring on a plane: Book, music, facewash, socks, gum
What do you always seem to forget: Pajamas
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? As much alcohol as possible.
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): Viber (free calling/texting using wifi)
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Most that involved drinking
What’s your dream destination: Any remote island
Best travel tip: Always bring duct tape!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.