Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: James Chilton
Occupation: Retired, but photographer, traveller
Hometown: Chipping North, Oxfordshire, UK
Short bio: British army, advertising, commercial real estate.
How often do you fly? Around six times per year
How many countries have you been to? 78
How many continents: All of them.
Earliest travel memory: Flying boat from Burma.
Favorite American city: Seattle.
International city: Paris.
Least favorite country: Russia.
Friendliest people in the world: All those who live in the countryside.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Bagan, Burma.
Favorite airline: Singapore.
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus 380.
Aisle or window: Window.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin Upper Cross, Heathrow.
Favorite international airport: Singapore.
Favorite hotel: Yangshuo Mountain Retreat.
Favorite Island: Jersey, Channel Islands.
Favorite beach: It’s in Greece, but I’m not telling.
Favorite travel book: “The Last Blue Mountain.”
Right now I am reading: “Waterloo.”
5 things you bring on a plane: Headphones, sleeping pills and a good book—that’s enough.
What do you always seem to forget? Enough money.
What do you like least about travel? Waiting at airports.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Not recognizing Desmond Tutu in my adjoining seat.
What’s your dream destination? Papua New Guinea.
Favorite travel charity: Heal Kids Foundation.
Best travel tip: Half the clothes, double the money.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.