Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers on useful resources, favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jane Borden
Occupation: Author, Journalist, Comedian
Hometown: Greensboro, NC
Residence: Sewanee, TN
Facebook: Jane Borden
Short Bio: Jane’s humorous writing has appeared in The New York Times Magazine, on VanityFair.com, and on Saturday Night Live’s “Weekend Update”. Crown published her first book, a humorous memoir titled “I Totally Meant to Do That”, which Vanity Fair called “affectionate” and New York Magazine deemed “lowbrow-brilliant.” As a comedian, she’s appeared on Comedy Central and VH1. Borden was a staff editor at Time Out New York for seven years, and appeared regularly on local morning news programs (NBC, Fox, CW) as a guest expert. Her travel writing has taken her to China, Israel, and Switzerland, among other endlessly inspiring destinations, and keeps her sane now that she lives in the woods of Tennessee.
How often do you fly: Several times a month.
How many countries have you been to: 19
How many continents have you been to: 4
Favorite American city: New Orleans
Favorite international city: Beijing
Least favorite country: Any that won’t let me in
Favorite World Heritage Site: Masada
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite hotel: Beau-Rivage Palace, Lausanne Switzerland
Favorite island: Manhattan
Favorite fancy restaurant: Catbird Seat, Nashville
Favorite hole in the wall: Outdoor ceviche stands in Todos Los Santos, Baja, Mexico
Favorite fruit: Lychee
Favorite food: Millionaire’s Shortbread, Scotland
Least favorite food: Organs
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Arneis
Favorite travel book(s): Bill Bryson’s
Right now I am reading: “The Forest Unseen”, by David Haskell
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: www.tripping.com
Five things you bring on a plane: Earplugs, face cream, Chapstick, extra water, a book
What do you always seem to forget: Earplugs
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store?: Herradura
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): The US State Department
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: At the Kunstmuseum in Bern, I asked what “kunst” means. Answer: “Um, ‘art’.”
What’s your dream destination: Laos
Favorite travel charity: travelanthropist.com
Best travel tip: Learn as much of the language as you can. Never check a bag.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.