Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Janene Mascarella
Occupation: Beauty Director, BELLA NYC Magazine + lifestyle journalist fro national publications
Hometown: Freehold. NJ
Short bio: Which is stronger: ultra-hold or mega-hold? Janene Mascarella has the answers to your burning beauty questions. Besides deeply pondering hairspray holds, she’s a New York-based freelance journalist covering all types of lifestyle topics.
Her work has been published in The Washington Post, Newsday, CNNMoney.com, Cosmopolitan, AARP Bulletin, American Way, Self, Glamour, Health, Cooking Light, Women’s Health, USA Today, Scholastic Parent & Child, Woman’s Day, Parenting, Parents, Family Circle, Babytalk, American Baby, Weight Watchers, Arthritis Today, Working Mother, Fodor’s Travel, AOL Travel, CBS News, Shop Etc., and many others. She’s a weekly columnist for Parade Magazine Community Table and the Beauty Director of BELLA NYC Magazine.
Earliest travel memory: Dancing in Disney World.
Favorite American city: NYC.
Favorite international city: Toronto.
Friendliest people in the world: Italians.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: France.
Favorite airline: Virgin America.
Aisle or window: Window. My official headrest.
Favorite hotel: Gansevoort Turks & Caicos. Pretty much close to heaven. A swanky, chic heaven that serves brick oven pizza on the beach.
Favorite cruise line: Disney Cruise Line. They really do it right.
Favorite island: Turks & Caicos.
Favorite beach: Sarasota’s Siesta Key.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Restaurant Mirabell in Stony Brook, NY. Truffles!
Favorite bar: Alexandros in Miller Place, NY. Best cocktails ever (and amazing home-made hummus, too).
Favorite fruit: Raspberries.
Favorite food: Hibachi.
Least favorite food: Kale. Yep, there you have it. I don’t care how trendy it is…I hate Kale.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Iced green tea with honey.
Favorite travel show(s): Parts Unknown, CNN.
Favorite travel book(s): Magazines.
5 things you bring on a plane: Turkey sandwich, chips, green tea, eye cream, magazines.
What do you always seem to forget? Pajamas.
What do you like least about travel? Customs lines.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? I’ll take a Hermes scarf or peanut M&M’S. Either or.
Most embarrassing travel moment: The time I thought I was on a flight to Washington, DC—when it was really going to Washington state (Seattle). (Really.)
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: The Grand Canyon.
Worst travel moment: When the driver dropped me off at the hotel and drove off with my bag containing my computer and camera and lots of other really important things. He came back an hour later though…phew.
What’s your dream destination? Bora Bora.
Best travel tip: If you’re over-packer (like myself)—just own it.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.