Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jarone Ashkenazi
Occupation: Assistant Project Manager, Construction at Equinox and Freelance Writer
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
College: University of Southern California
College major: Communication
Short bio: Along with my 9-5 (actually more of a 7-4) on the construction team with Equinox building new gyms on the West Coast, I am a freelance contributing writer covering: travel, restaurants, bars, dating/relationships, and other lifestyle topics. My previous work has been published on numerous sites including: Fast Company, Just Luxe, Elite Daily, CBS LA, and Ask Men amongst others.
How often do you fly? 4-5 times per year.
How many countries have you been to? Three, not counting the US of course.
How many continents have you been to? 2
Earliest travel memory: Either going to Palm Springs with my three siblings and a friend, or on a Disney line cruise. The former was so hot outside, that we only went outside at night, and it was still 85+; while the latter I just remember eating, and then eating some more!
Favorite American city: Think I may be a tad biased, but LA all the way!
Favorite international city: So far it’s probably Jerusalem or Tel Aviv.
I have no desire to go to: This doesn’t apply to me whatsoever, want to step foot in as many places as possible.
Friendliest people in the world: In my experience, the Canadians in Vancouver.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Yosemite National Park.
Favorite airline: Delta.
Favorite aircraft type: Airbus A350.
Aisle or window: Has to be aisle, being 6’ just that little bit extra of leg room stretched in the aisle is a huge help.
Favorite hotel: Fairmont Kea Lani in Maui.
Favorite cruise line: Norwegian Cruise Line.
Favorite travel credit card: American Express Business Platinum.
Favorite island: Kauai.
Favorite beach: Santa Monica Beach.
Favorite National Park: Yosemite.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Twist by Pierre Gagnaire.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: LA Vegan Thai.
Favorite bar: Bar Jackalope.
Favorite fruit: Avocado.
Favorite food: Anything vegan, have a tendency to go for some spice!
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water or fresh-squeezed OJ.
Favorite travel movie(s): Into the Wild, Up, Eurotrip, Planes Trains and Automobiles, Up in the Air.
Favorite travel show(s): An Idiot Abroad, The Layover, Planet Earth, Parts Unknown.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: Travel + Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler, National Geographic.
5 things you bring on a plane: Noise-cancelling headphones, neck pillow, snack (usually mixed nuts or dark chocolate fruit), water bottle, downloaded show/movie on Netflix.
What do you like least about travel? Time lost when crossing time zones.
Favorite travel app(s): Google Trips, Hopper, Google Translate.
Worst travel moment: Being stuck in LAX on a flight to SFO, was supposed to leave at 10:50, flight didn’t take off until close to 3!
What’s your dream destination? Would either be a safari and cultural tour in Africa or Eurotrip across the continent.
Best travel tip: Purchase early and plan later.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.