Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: JD Andrews
Hometown: Breckenridge, Colorado
Residence: Miami, Florida
Short Bio: Born and raised on a mountain in Colorado, moved to the desert of Arizona, then spent 11 years at Sea traveling the world. My job was video production and along the way I also fell in love with photography but I’ve always made time to help others.
More than 20 years traveling around the globe shooting and editing travel/tourism videos for various cruise lines, airlines, and tourist boards. These projects presented several amazing once-in-a-lifetime experiences and the chance to see this amazing world we live in.
How often do you fly: 2-3 times a month
How many countries have you been to: 83
How many continents have you been to: 7
Favorite American city: Chicago
Favorite international city: London
Least favorite country: none (yet)
Favorite World Heritage Site: Ha Long Bay, Vietnam
Favorite airline: The one I’m on (if they upgrade me)
Favorite aircraft type: The one with Wi-Fi
Aisle or window: Window
Favorite airport lounge: American Airlines Admirals Club, San Francisco
Favorite U.S. airport: Any that have a lot to do and see while I’m waiting for the next flight.
Favorite international airport: Bangkok International Airport, Thailand
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Maui
Favorite cruise line: Princess
Favorite island: Bali
Favorite fancy restaurant: Beano’s Cabin, Beaver Creek, Colo.
Favorite fruit: Blue Berries
Favorite food: Spicy
Least favorite food: bland
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): Scotch (single malt, 3 ice cubes)
Favorite travel movie(s): Any James Bond, Indiana Jones or Bourne film
Favorite travel show(s): GoingSocialTV and Amazing Race
Favorite travel book(s): The Sun Also Rises – Ernest Hemingway
Right now I am reading: Steve Jobs Biography
Five things you bring on a plane: Earphones, water, iPad, Travel Magazine, Candy
What do you always seem to forget: Money
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Good Chocolate
Favorite travel iPhone app(s): TripIt, GateGuru, Gogo, eCurrency, SeatGuru, SayHi, Instagram, Pro HDR and Camera+.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: Doing charades while trying to get my seat assignment in China, acting out that I wanted a window seat, after 10 minutes he smiled and nodded….I was in the dead center seat for 15 hours…….
What’s your dream destination: My next one.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: There are so many…google travel.
Best travel tip: Listen to your heart and always wear clean underwear (the second one is from my Mom).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.