Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jeffrey Groberman
Hometown: Vancouver, Canada
Residence: Surrey, Canada
College: University of British Columbia
College major: Geophysics
Facebook: Jeffrey Groberman
Short bio: Jeff Groberman is probably best known as one of the originators of the infamous Canadian seventies radio series, Dr. Bundolo’s Pandemonium Medicine Show. In the eighties he became a producer on CKVU’s Vancouver Show where he still hasn’t lived down refusing to let John Lennon appear on the show. He now writes screenplays nobody reads and travels to weird, wonderful and dangerous places around the world.
How often do you fly? 8 to 10 times a year.
How many countries have you been to? 20 plus.
How many continents have you been to? All but Antarctica.
Earliest travel memory: Being taken to the corner by my parents and abandoned.
Favorite American city: Blaine, Washington.
Favorite international city: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea—see it and die, in that order.
Least favorite country: Papua New Guinea.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Canada.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Galapagos Islands.
Favorite airline: Singapore Airlines.
Aisle or window: Aisle—I have a weak bladder.
Favorite U.S. airport: None.
Favorite international airport: Singapore.
Favorite cruise line: Holland America.
Favorite island: Saipan, Micronesia.
Favorite bar: The bar in the Stanley Hotel, Nairobi.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Beer!
Right now I am reading: Space for Ambition by Chris Hadfield.
5 things you bring on a plane: Slippers, e-reader, iPod, notebook.
What do you like least about travel? Living out of a suitcase.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Ending up in bed with the innkeeper’s daughter on my honeymoon. I have an atrocious sense of direction.
Worst travel moment: Being stranded in the Singapore airport for two days.
What’s your dream destination? Getting back home.
Best travel tip: Always, always, always keep a sense of humour.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.