Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jeremy Branham
Occupation: Travel blogger – Budget Travel Adventures, Business Analyst 40 hours a week
Hometown: Columbia, SC
Residence: Sacramento, CA
Facebook: Budget Travel Adventures
Pinterest: Jeremy’s Pinterest
YouTube: Jeremy Branham
Short Bio: Travel blogger and writer who explores the world with stories, tips, and destinations from a budget travel, sports, and adventure travel perspective.
How often do you fly: 5 – 10 times a year (I still like to drive to places too!)
How many countries have you been to: 17
How many continents have you been to: 2
Favorite American city: South Lake Tahoe, CA (does that count? If not, Annapolis, MD)
Favorite international city: Lisbon, Portugal
Least favorite country: None – I can always find something about a place I like
Favorite World Heritage Site: Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
Favorite airline: Alaska Airlines
Favorite aircraft type: 747
Aisle or window: Window (I need to sleep and don’t use the bathroom often)
Favorite airport lounge: Hold on – airports have lounges?!?!
Favorite U.S. airport: Sea-Tac (comfort/style), Hartsfield/ATL (exploring, exercising)
Favorite international airport: Schiphol (Amsterdam)
Favorite island: Kauai
Favorite fancy restaurant: The Beach House Restaurant, Kauai
Favorite hole in the wall: The Gunpowder Cellar (or Püssirohukelder) in Tartu, Estonia
Favorite fruit: banana
Favorite food: Thai and almost anything with chicken
Least favorite food: liver
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): water or Pepsi
Favorite travel movie(s): I have one but I cannot share for fear of losing my man card J
Favorite travel show(s): Rick Steves (I love his approach to travel and the educational part of his shows)
Favorite travel book(s): while they aren’t just about travel, any book by Paulo Coelho
Five things you bring on a plane: ear plugs, neck pillow, iPod, laptop, something to read. On most trips I sleep but I work or read as well
What do you always seem to forget: my organization skills – I plan and pack very well. I just have to double check where everything is once I leave home. Also, a built-in GPS for my brain – I am directionally challenged.
Most embarrassing/worst travel moment: a nude beach in Portugal – and not for the reasons most people think. I wandered upon it while hiking the cliffs above Salema. I walked down to this beach and realized what it was. The nudity didn’t bother me but I realized how white I really am once I got on a beach with tan naked people.
What’s your dream destination: Tough one – so many places I still want to explore. I do a series called the College Football Travel Tour so there are lots of campuses and towns I want to see. A dream destination abroad? 3 months backpacking in Slovenia.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: I read so many websites that are awesome I can’t pick one. Lots of great ones for different purposes – destinations, stories, types of travel.
Best travel tip: Travel is not about going to a destination far away. Travel is an attitude and a state of mind. You don’t have to go far from home to have some amazing travel experiences.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.