Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jeremy Goring
Short Bio: CEO at The Goring London. Previously with Four Seasons (London), Rosewood (Lanesborough London, pre openings of Las Ventanas Mexico, Caneel Bay Virgin Islands, Dharmawangsa Jakarta), Orient Express (Observatory Sydney).
How often do you fly: Monthly
How many countries have you been to: Between 40 and 60
How many continents have you been to: 5
Favorite American city: San Francisco – food, and the best looking tramps in any town
Favorite international city: Lisbon – its faded grandeur and ocean heritage, plus brilliant seafood
Least favorite country: Morocco. I don’t think you should be challenged to a fight every time you park at a surf spot.
Favorite World Heritage Site: The Sydney Opera House. Built in the 70’s yet somehow timeless.
Favorite airline: Virgin
Favorite aircraft type: Lancaster Bomber
Aisle or window: Window – I like to climb over people in the night
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin T3 London
Favorite U.S. airport: John Wayne
Favorite international airport: Sydney, nice and small
Favorite hotel: The Goring, and the Kristiania in Lech
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? Always unpack or the undies will crease!
Favorite cruise line: I would never go on a cruise ship and make luxury my prison
Favorite island: Barbados, and a little one in the Solomons called Kennedy Island
Favorite fancy restaurant: The Ledbury, London
Favorite hole in the wall: Alcalde, San Sebastian
Favorite fruit: David Morgan-Hewitt tied with George Goring
Favorite food: Sardines, over charcoal
Least favorite food: Kidneys (Norbury Junior put one in my pocket in science; I found it 3 days later)
Drink of choice (In the air and on the ground): the Goring’s “Home Brew” (Our yearly barrique of Meursault from the Hospices de Beaune)
Favorite travel movie(s): The one with the W at the end.
Favorite travel show(s): Ross Kemp on Gangs
Favorite travel book(s): Don’t stop the carnival might just qualify although it’s about a hotelier whose too drunk to actually travel.
Right now I am reading: Vernon God Little. Don’t read it or you will be offended.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: The Goring Trumpeter takes 1 2 and 3 slot.
Favorite travel website(s) – besides JohnnyJet.com, of course!: World Surfaris (.com.au)
Five things you bring on a plane: Noise cancelling headphones. Sleeping pills. An Ipad full of series of Californication or other trash. A book already started. Lots of adaptors.
What do you always seem to forget: That air stewards wear very tight trousers.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport duty free store? Rum. Not the cheap stuff.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Being vomited on by Max aged 3 while landing in Singapore…. no time to find new clothes…. panic-bought some kung-fu trousers…. landed in London wearing them.
Worst travel moment: Back-to-back engine explosions on way to Aus and back. Pilots rock!
What’s your dream destination: Mentawai Islands.
Favorite travel charity: Club Touraid
Best travel tip: Pills
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.