Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jerriann Sullivan
Occupation: Freelance writer, editor, and photographer
Hometown: Lake Worth, Florida
Residence: Atlanta, Georgia
College: University of Central Florida
College major: Journalism
Facebook: Jerriann Sullivan
Pinterest: Jerriann Sullivan
Google+: Jerriann Sullivan
Short bio: I’m a freelance writer, editor and photographer who reads 50 books a year and loves to travel. My work has been featured in the L.A. Times, the Chicago Tribune, CNN, and NBC News. My fiancé and I just finished a road trip across North America and are currently planning our elopement in Patagonia.
How often do you fly? It depends on what type of traveling we are doing that year. In 2016, we expect to take about 20 flights.
How many countries have you been to? Not enough!
How many continents have you been to? Just three but by the end of 2016 I will only have Africa and Antarctica left on my list.
Earliest travel memory: Going to Florida beaches with my mom and learning how to swim.
Favorite American city: Chicago.
Favorite international city: Rome.
I have no desire to go to: North Korea.
Friendliest people in the world: The people in the South of North America. I noticed how genuinely caring people in the South are after moving to Atlanta from Los Angeles.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: From my experiences, the United States. Despite spending nine years in the U.S. military, my German-born fiancé is always hassled by immigration officers when we return to the states.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Iguazu National Park.
Favorite airline: United.
Aisle or window: I hate to miss a view so window.
Favorite U.S. airport: DIA. Their security line moves so quickly.
Favorite international airport: FRA.
Favorite hotel: Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.
Favorite travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Favorite island: Maui.
Favorite beach: Kihei’s Kalama Park on Maui.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Chef Shawn McClain’s Sage in The Aria in Las Vegas. They have an absinthe bar in addition to amazing food.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Ezell’s Famous Chicken in Seattle, WA.
Favorite bar: The Imperial Wine Bar & Beer Garden in Orlando, Florida because you can buy things from all over the world while sipping a craft beer or limited wine.
Favorite fruit: Mango.
Favorite food: Steak. Meeting gauchos (cowboys) and eating their steak in Argentina is a travel memory I cherish.
Least favorite food: Alligator.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Coffee during the day and a French 75 in the evening.
Favorite travel movie(s): The Holiday.
Favorite travel show(s): Parts Unknown, Departures and House Hunters International.
Favorite travel book(s): I love the Not For Tourists guides.
Right now I am reading: “In Patagonia” by Bruce Chatwin.
Top 3 favorite travel newsletters/magazines/blogs: National Geographic Traveler, AFAR, and Conde Nast Traveler.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Kayak, Booking and Kiplinger.
5 things you bring on a plane: Scarf, lotion, sleep mask, iPad filled with books and movies, and a journal.
What do you always seem to forget? Makeup. Since it is always packed in a separate bag it is easy to forget it. I’ve purchased new foundation in the Bahamas, Germany and Rome.
What do you like least about travel? Messy security lines at airports.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? The best chocolate they can find.
Favorite travel app(s): Instagram isn’t just for travel but I love connecting with a diverse group of travelers on the app.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Packing too casual of clothing for an aristocratic crowd on one European holiday.
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Greece.
Worst travel moment: Having $3,000 worth of belongings stolen in Canada.
What’s your dream destination? New Zealand.
Favorite travel charity: The Nature Conservancy because it works to protect all of Earth’s natural resources.
Best travel tip: Be a little bit brave. You don’t have to skydive, but push past your comfort zone because that is where you will find true adventure.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.