Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Occupation: Aviation Photographer
Hometown: New York City
Residence: Low Earth Orbit
Bio: Jessica Ambats is an air-to-air photographer and a private pilot. She is editor of Plane & Pilot, a monthly magazine devoted to personal aviation. Her aviation photography has been featured internationally, and she was awarded the top designation of “Best of the Best” by Aviation Week & Space Technology. Jessica holds instrument, multi-engine and seaplane flying ratings.
How often do you fly? As often as possible.
How many countries have you been to? 40+
How many continents have you been to? 6
Favorite American city: New York City.
Favorite international city: Santiago, Chile.
Least favorite country: I’ve never met a country I didn’t like.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Nothing against the UK, but once after arriving at LHR, I was interrogated in a private room by immigration because I was sick.
Favorite airline: Delta.
Favorite aircraft type: Boeing 777, J-3 Cub.
Aisle or window: Cockpit.
Favorite airport lounge: The Concorde Room at LHR, when there was still a Concorde on the ramp.
Favorite airport: Santa Monica Airport.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons Bora Bora.
Do you unpack into the dresser/closet? Or live out of your suitcase? A combination of both.
Favorite cruise line: I’ve never been on a cruise ship, but I’ve always wanted to travel by freighter.
Favorite island: Bora Bora.
Favorite beach: Ogunquit Beach in Maine.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Room service delivered by canoe at Four Seasons Bora Bora.
Favorite hole in the wall: Ben’s Pizza in Soho NYC.
Favorite fruit: Fruit Loops.
Favorite food: Sushi.
Least favorite food: Mustard.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Water.
Favorite travel movie(s): Baraka.
Favorite travel book(s): Stranger to the Ground by Richard Bach.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Google.
5 things you bring on a plane: iPhone, iPad, iPod, Water, Eye mask.
What do you always seem to forget: Contact lens solution.
Favorite travel app(s): FlightAware, FlightBoard, ForeFlight.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Too embarrassing to mention!
What’s your dream destination: Everywhere, including Patagonia, New Zealand, Tibet, Kenya, and Mars.
Best travel tip: Immerse yourself. Seek new experiences. Go with the flow. And take lots of photos.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.