Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jessica Lesaca
Occupation: Content Creator, Host of Myx TV’s weekly trending news show Week Sauce
Hometown: Whittier, CA
Residence: Los Angeles, CA
Facebook: Jessica Lesaca
How often do you fly? I try to go somewhere every few months. I actually just got back from flying up to San Francisco!
How many countries and continents have you been to? About 16 countries over three continents.
Earliest travel memory: I was fortunate enough to have parents who were adamant about taking family vacations every year. The first time I remember flying was when I was four. We flew to Florida to go on a Disney cruise to the Bahamas. I barely remember it because I was so young, but I do remember we just missed Hurricane Andrew by a few days.
Favorite American city: I’m a sucker for New York City.
Favorite international city: I recently visited Bohol in the Philippines so that might just be my new favorite. However, I have a soft spot in my heart for Rome because I lived there for a semester in college when I studied abroad.
Friendliest people in the world: Hands down, MY PEOPLE! (LOL) Filipinos are known for their hospitality and any time I travel there, I’ve been treated amazingly.
Aisle or window: Window…it’s easier to fall asleep!
Favorite island: I love Oahu! My family has been traveling to Hawaii every other summer since I was seven, so Oahu has become like a second home to me.
Favorite beach: Because Oahu is my favorite island, I’ll go with Lani Kai as my favorite beach.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): It depends on my mood—either a Tito’s & soda or Maker’s Mark & soda.
Favorite travel movie(s): Hmm… still thinking on this one.
Favorite travel show(s): I love Anthony Bourdain! Food & travel are my jam! Would love to have him on Week Sauce!
Favorite travel book(s): Honestly, I don’t really read traveling books. I read books when I travel, though! Haha.
5 things you bring on a plane: DISINFECTANT WIPES!!!! I wipe down my entire area before I settle in because I am a GERMAPHOBE! I also bring a good book, headphones, snacks, and comfy shoes—my feet swell when I fly so I need shoes that aren’t too constricting.
What’s your dream destination? Oh man. I want to go everywhere! If money were no object, I’d love to visit the Manta Resort, a hotel that’s in the middle of the ocean, with an underwater room. But seriously, my dream is to travel to as many places as I can. I literally want to go everywhere.
Best travel tip: If you’re going to do the super touristy attractions, buy your tickets online ahead of time to avoid lines. Also, talk to locals and ask them where their favorite places to go are, you might find a hidden gem that you otherwise wouldn’t have visited! And it’s always nice to have a trusty travel partner, mine is my sister and we always have a great time together! :)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.