Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: John Gray
Occupation: Writer-Director, Film and Television
Hometown: Brooklyn NY
Residence: New York New York
Facebook: John Gray
Instagram: John Gray
Short bio: Creator of CBS series Ghost Whisperer; Writer-Producer-Director of White Irish Drinkers; Producer-Director CBS series Reckless; Currently Producer/Director of ABC series The Family (Editor’s note: also the director of French Kiss).
How often do you fly? 5-10 times a year.
How many countries have you been to? 6
How many continents have you been to? 4
Earliest travel memory: Getting car sick!
Favorite American city: New York.
Favorite international city: Paris.
Least favorite country: Bulgaria.
I have no desire to go to: Middle East.
Friendliest people in the world: Romans.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Japan.
Favorite airline: Virgin.
Favorite aircraft type: Anything jumbo.
Aisle or window: Aisle.
Favorite airport lounge: Virgin.
Favorite U.S. airport: ATL.
Favorite international airport: Shannon.
Favorite hotel: Four Seasons.
Favorite travel credit card: AmEx.
Favorite island: Isle of Palms.
Favorite beach: South Carolina.
Favorite fancy restaurant: Café Luxembourg, NYC.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Utopia Diner, NYC.
Favorite bar: Café Carlysle.
Favorite fruit: Pineapple.
Favorite food: Pizza.
Least favorite food: Fish.
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): Champagne.
Favorite travel movie(s): Strangers on a Train.
Favorite travel book(s): “The Accidental Tourist.”
Right now I am reading: “88 Days to Kandahar.”
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Expedia.
5 things you bring on a plane: Books, snacks, computer, iPod, Kindle.
What do you always seem to forget? Eyeglasses.
What do you like least about travel? Carrying too much stuff.
What do you want your loved one to buy you from an airport Duty Free store? Champagne.
Favorite travel app(s): FlightTrack.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Spilling contents of briefcase at security checkpoint.
I’m embarrassed that I haven’t been to: Greece.
Worst travel moment: Turbulence.
What’s your dream destination? Paris.
Favorite travel charity: Never heard of a travel charity.
Best travel tip: Get a TSA Known Traveler Number.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.