Want to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Name: Jordan Bryant, better known as Jub
Occupation: Travel blogger/freelance writer/seasonal worker
Hometown: Waikanae, New Zealand
Residence: Right now…Bundaberg, Australia
College: Victoria University of Wellington
College major: Economics & Management
Website: Tiki Touring Kiwi
Facebook: Tiki Touring Kiwi
Pinterest: Tiki Touring Kiwi
Short bio: Jub is a wanderer. If plans are made weeks in advance, he gets anxious. It’s more of a case of FOMO (fear of missing out) in case something better comes along but it’s also the unknown. The unknown is a beautiful thing.
His first overseas trip wasn’t until he was 18, when he went to visit his brother in Australia. The travel seed never suddenly sprouted, it grew over time since then and now he can’t imagine not having travel as a part of his life.
Itchy feet start occurring after 3-4 weeks in a city. Despite graduating with a commerce and arts degree, a conventional life isn’t for Jub.
How often do you fly? 15-25 flights/year. I prefer overland travel.
How many countries have you been to? 42
How many continents have you been to? 4 (Australasia, Asia, Europe, North America).
Earliest travel memory: Going camping to Lake Ferry, New Zealand with my dad and sister.
Favorite American city: Portland, OR.
Favorite international city: Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Least favorite country: Don’t have one that jumps out. There’s always moments in a country I enjoy, though I have no need to go back to Brunei.
I have no desire to go to: Greece. I’m sure I will go, but there’s no massive drawcard for me.
Friendliest people in the world: Myanmar.
Country with the meanest immigration officers: Australia.
Favorite World Heritage Site: Cappadocia, Turkey.
Favorite airline: Air Asia.
Favorite aircraft type: One that lands where it’s suppose to.
Aisle or window: Window, otherwise I sleep on my neighbour’s shoulder.
Favorite U.S. airport: LAX.
Favorite international airport: KLIA2.
Favorite hotel: Atlantis!
Favorite island: Sulawesi, Indonesia.
Favorite beach: Tip of Borneo Beach, Malaysia.
Favorite hole-in-the-wall: Momencik, Warsaw. The best kebabs served by the friendliest people.
Favorite bar: Bus Bar in Chiang Mai.
Favorite fruit: Banana!
Favorite food: Vegetable green curry
Least favorite food: Anything with dairy in it that doesn’t really need it (from a vegan).
Drink of choice (in the air and on the ground): On the ground, I’ll take a pilsner. In the air, a red wine please.
Favorite travel movie(s): Euro Trip.
Favorite travel show(s): An Idiot Abroad.
Favorite travel book(s): “What Makes You Not A Buddhist” by Dzongsar Jamyang.
Right now I am reading: “Grit: The Unauthorised History of Australia” by David Hunt.
Favorite travel website(s)—besides JohnnyJet.com, of course! Feedly, I put all the travel-related websites on there for easy browsing. And watching YouTube travel videos seems to take up more of my time now too.
5 things you bring on a plane: Hoody, phone, book, socks, spare undies.
What do you always seem to forget? Sunglasses.
What do you like least about travel? People getting stressed out at airports (because they are late) then losing all basic human etiquette.
Favorite travel app(s): Trail Wallet, Sky Scanner, Maps.me.
Most embarrassing travel moment: Getting scammed in Berlin. It was so obvious….in hindsight.
I’m embarrassed but I haven’t been to: Any of the Pacific islands.
Worst travel moment: Missing the plane out of the Bahamas thanks to one too many cocktails the night before.
What’s your dream destination? Anywhere with polar bears in the wild.
Best travel tip: Smile!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.